Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, having survived a rather prolonged winter period, it's finally looking like there may be a good weekend ahead to give the car that long overdue spring clean. what do folks here do to get their DS4 back to pristine condition after the winter roads have taken their toll.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Chris will be along soon with a big long list of things to do.

But as a basic. Give it a good pre wash to remove as much surface crud as possible. Plenty of choice but Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash is good through a pump sprayer. This will help to stop scratches from washing. Next step rinse of the pre wash with the jet wash.

I use the two bucket method with a grit guard in each. Use a nice slick shampoo like Meguiars Gold or Carchem 1800:1. With either a wash mitt or pad.

Apply some alloy wheel cleaner and agitate with a detailing brush. Don't use an acid based one.

Rinse off the whole car and dry with a dedicated drying towel. Im currently using the Fireball one.

Next step is to give it a good polish. Autoglym SRP is still good. Apply in a thin layer. Leave to haze and buff off.

Now you need to protect the paintwork either with a sealant like FK 1000P or a wax. Plenty of waxes to choose from. Depends on budget and what you want from it.

Don't forgot to dress the tyres and clean the windowsEdited by: J306TD

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I wash and protect our cars weekly but if not, there will bemuch to do:
1. Pre wash product sprayed via a Hand pressure spray (Citrus Pre Wash or diluted TFR), paying particular attention to the wheel arches
2. Wheels sprayed with non acidic wheel cleaner (Brush as well) and then washed off...reapplied with iron out Product...do the same again
3. Snow foamed and door shuts cleaned with detailing brush using the Foam
4. Pressure rinsed off
5. Washed with Lamswool Wash Pad and a good Car Shampoo via 2 buckets
6. Rinsed
7. Sprayed with Tar remover on the wheels and lower sections...also Iron Out (as on the wheels)
8. Rinsed
9. Clayed with Auto Clay or Clay Mitt with car shampoo as the lube or Detailing Spray
10. Rinsed again
11. Dried with Plush MF Drying Towels

Your car is now very clean and ready for the next stage
A. Inspection with bright lamps
B. Possible light polish...I use a Machine Polisher/s with a Medium Pad and Polish
B2. Spray and wipe with IPA or panel wipe to remove polishing traces
C. Sealer and or Wax and sealant on the wheels and door shuts
D. Glass cleaned and sealed
E. Car then Vacuumed out and Interior Plastic dressing applied and wiped away
F. Tyres dressed with Tyre Dressing
I haven't even mentioned under the bonnet..LOL
A long day, but worth it

You will then get it looking as good as it should...like new

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
You beat me to it James....LOL

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys, hopefully the weather will stay fine and I can get out and blitz the car as planned. I'll try to put up a couple of pics of the finished article. Need to pop out today and pick up some new micro fibre cloths as the mice have been feasting on some of mine in the garage over the winter

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thwarted by an early morning call into work. It was lunchtime when I got home, so a thorough wash of my car and another dose of aqua wax will have to suffice until next weekend. Too much on the rest of this weekend to do a full spring clean

Edit ..... and then the rain came along ..... oh joy
Edited by: DCB

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Sods law!!Looks good though
Well done

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chris.
I know you use Power Maxed products so I thought I would give them a try.Local stockist didn't have them in stock so I visited their headquarters in Bidford on Avon about a half hour journey for me. Very friendly staff. I purchased Sealant,Frequent use alloy cleaner and Tyre dressing. Should have been £21 but as I had visited they gave me a discount.All 3 for £13. Others living nearby may be interested.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Nice oneI deal with Wayne...Nice guy.
He is very helpful and generous
The last order I did, came
Then the next day...It came again
I rang them, to be told It was mistake in the warehouse and I could keep it!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After last Saturdays failed attempt, this afternoon saw an early finish and some reasonable weather. So, I set about my DS4 to give it the long overdue spring clean. A thorough wash, rinse and dry then a coating of AG srp followed by a coat of egp. End result looks very nice. Here's hoping we don't get any more sleet and snow that require more salt on the roads.
Edit. Spent Saturday morning doing the interior. Thorough clean out of the car before doing the windows, dash, doors, carpets, mats, the full month. First time the car has had all this done at one time. Looks as if it's just out of the showroom
Edited by: DCB

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

A couple of months down the line and other than a quick wash with BSC every week to ten days the car hasn't had anything done to it since the spring clean. Amazed this morning at the beading after the overnight rain. Still got a good coating of EGP on there.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Still looking good!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Meguires is good stuff but its all in the prep.
Chemical Guys butter wet wax can be used in the sun or shade and used on a dry
or wet car.

I always use a glaze before waxing.

Edited by: DEE ES 4

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts