Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've owned my (brand new) DS4 since new. from day one I noticed the car pulls to the left, the faster I go (especially on motorways) the more noticeable the pull is to the point where I'm actually having to steer slightly to the right to allow for the car to continue straight.

I just had the alignment checked and everything seems fine so really not sure what the problem is.

I have the 2.0HDI sport with the 19" wheels, all four tires are the factory standard Michelins.

before anyone mentions the camber of the road the M25 is mostly flat so I'm sure we can count that out.

any thoughts would be appreicated

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Tyre pressures?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My steering wheel appears to be offset slightly as if to the left (IE not straight), I sat in all the dealers cars and they were all the same so I think its how they come, however mine isn't pulling, unless on certain cambers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We had the same "pulling to the left" problem in our DS4. We bought 2nd hand (the car was 8 months old) - I should have noticed on the test drive! It was on a longer drive that it became most apparent - it actually became tiring holding the car straight! We took it to have the tracking checked - they didn't think there was much wrong, but adjusted the steering wheel. After this the car pulled less to the left (but it did still pull to the left!) and the steering wheel was now not straight either!

So we went to a different garage and tried again, asking them to set the steering wheel straight first and then adjust the tracking around that. Whatever they did, it worked, and the car's been fine since, with no pulling at all.

It took us about 3 months to sort this out, and we've had 9 months problem-free ownership since. I'm dreading hitting a pothole or something and putting the tracking out again though!

·
Registered
88 Posts
My new DS4 was the same...drifting to the left steering wheel a couple of degrees off as well.
Took it back to the dealer supposedly did the tracking..still the same.
Took it to a tyre centre whome had the latest Hunter equipment...steering wheel now straight ahead steers in a straight line except on really steep camber which is normal.
Charged me £30 well worth it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so I'm not alone! I was hearing stories on here about the tyres being the issue, I've got the 19" Michelins which came fitted as standard. which tyre centre did you take it to?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I live in Dorset took it too the local tyre place not a national chain. Just make sure who you take it too has the latest equipment and supplies a readout of the measurements before and after..the guy also test drove it afterwards to check it was acceptable.
Some of the settings are factory set and none changeable..but still can sort it with care!!!
The latest equipment will not do any cosmetic damage to your alloys as the clamps grip the tyres..and the parts that do have to contact the alloys have p!astic feet..I suggest you ask the question, hope you get yours sorted as its annoying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts