Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/girls.. well had my ds4 since sunday and I have an issue with the steering.
If I have the steering wheel central the car goes to the left slightly but if I move the wheel slightly to the right the car will drive straight.
Had tracking checked and thats fine.
Been told could be the wheel its self not been central buts its annoying.Edited by: mattyh3

·
Registered
472 Posts
It probably is the wheel, they can sort it with the tracking basically they push one track rod end out and the other in to centralise the steering wheel, it's probably a bit more technical than that but that's it basically

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah am just trying to get it sorted but the citreon I got it from is 150miles away from me and my local one which is 2miles from me wont touch it as there not in the same group etc and not covered under manufacturer warranty but is under the dealer warranty I got so got to try get them to pay my local dealer to do it

·
Registered
578 Posts
mattyh3 said:
Yeah am just trying to get it sorted but the citreon I got it from is 150miles away from me and my local one which is 2miles from me wont touch it as there not in the same group etc and not covered under manufacturer warranty but is under the dealer warranty I got so got to try get them to pay my local dealer to do it

That doesn't sound right. Citroens have a 3 year manufacturer so any dealer should sort it for you

·
Registered
472 Posts
Marty

The first two years are Citroen the third is dealer so if your car is under two years then anywhere should sort it under warranty

·
Registered
472 Posts
No if you have a close look at the Citroen website it says somewhere that the first two are Citroen but the 3rd is dealer

·
Registered
551 Posts
Derek is right!I checked before I bought mine that it had the 3rd year dealer warranty because I read somewhere that the third year had to be "set up" at the time of sale and some cars had "slipped through the net"and were not registered for the 3rd year warranty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

this is the position i have to have the wheel to drive in a straight line.. you should see part of the dial missing on the left and more on the right..
the tracking was slightly out but has not solved the problem..
my looking dealer want to charge me £85 just to look at it then if its a warranty issue i dont pay or the citroen dealer i got it from will pay for it,,, but i can think what it could be thats doing this

·
Registered
578 Posts
chud786 said:
Derek is right!
I checked before I bought mine that it had the 3rd year dealer warranty because I read somewhere that the third year had to be "set up" at the time of sale and some cars had "slipped through the net"and were not registered for the 3rd year warranty.

Thanks I'll need to check mine pronto

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought my car over 2 years ago, an ex demo, car is now in it's 3rd year of warranty, bought from Great Yarmouth and I live in nottingham there's no way I'm travelling to GY for warranty work, my local dealer is looking at a problem I fully expect to be covered under warranty, they collected this morning and will be dropping back later on today, I do not expect any problems regarding warranty cover, they never mentioned 3rd dealer warranty when I spoke to them yesterday, surely warranty is warranty regardless of where you live, we don't all buy cars from the main dealer down the road...

I'll keep you posted..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi
Car was delivered back this afternoon, nothing to pay even though they couldn't fix it today, they are waiting for tech info from Citroen, will be taking back again for a fix to be covered by warranty..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rev G said:
chud786 said:
Derek is right!
I checked before I bought mine that it had the 3rd year dealer warranty because I read somewhere that the third year had to be "set up" at the time of sale and some cars had "slipped through the net"and were not registered for the 3rd year warranty.

Did you get this sorted because mine does this its going back to dealers on Tuesday to look at?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi regarding the warranty we have had our ds4 for about 4 months, we live in the Midlands but bought the car near Enfield London, it's a 2011 car and I had the rust on the bonnet problem got it back yesterday with nothing to pay all covered under the warranty, I asked when mine runs out and they said three years from the date of registration? So I think there pulling a fast one on you!

·
Registered
544 Posts
ollyds4dsport said:
So I think there pulling a fast one on you!
I think people are confusing two issues here - the warranty is 3 years (2 year manufacturer and 1 year dealer supported) that is automatically applied and covers all manufacturing and material defects. However, buying a used car with the steering not straight is highly unlikely to be either manufacturing or material defect, so what the local dealer means in the OP case is they will charge to inspect and if there is a genuine fault then it will be covered by warranty but more likely it is as a result of too many kerbs being clattered at which point it is not a warranty item and they would charge; the supplying dealer will cover the item, not as a 'Citroen warranty' issue, but as a 'we will do it as we shouldn't have sold it like that' item.

Hope that helps with the confusion.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Rich2316 said:
Rev G said:
chud786 said:
Derek is right!

Did you get this sorted because mine does this its going back to dealers on Tuesday to look at?
Yes I have 3 years warranty up the end of June!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
mattyh3 said:
Hi guys/girls.. well had my ds4 since sunday and I have an issue with the steering.
If I have the steering wheel central the car goes to the left slightly but if I move the wheel slightly to the right the car will drive straight.
Had tracking checked and thats fine.
Been told could be the wheel its self not been central buts its annoying.
Did you get this sorted out because mine does it too had it back and tracked but it still pulls left

·
Registered
18 Posts
Picked my new DS4 up yesterday and mine is doing the same thing, pulling to the left with the steering wheel not central. Haven't spoken to my dealer yet as only got it yesterday, but going to get it booked in during the next few days, but sounds like they don't know what's causing it from what I have read here....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nik_S said:
Picked my new DS4 up yesterday and mine is doing the same thing, pulling to the left with the steering wheel not central. Haven't spoken to my dealer yet as only got it yesterday, but going to get it booked in during the next few days, but sounds like they don't know what's causing it from what I have read here....
Mines sorted now they adjusted the track rod ends runs straight as per steering wheel central.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rich2316 said:
Nik_S said:

Mines sorted now they adjusted the track rod ends runs straight as per steering wheel central.
That's good to hear. Mine is booked in on Tuesday for a full wheel alignment as they have said is out of line. Hopefully mine will be sorted soon too!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts