Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps,

Just want to find out from you guys if you have the same thing.
When traveling at higher speeds from 120-140 Kmh when braking I do get a steering wheel shudder.

Discs maybe?

·
Registered
472 Posts
There have been posts in the past on this one, I think the general consensus is that it was discs, no doubt someone who had it will respond soon

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sounds like your discs mate, only other one like this is sticking caliper which you should'nt have on a relatively new car. I would sugest the discs were'nt bedded in properly when new.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi chaps,

Indeed both discs was warped and new bushings needed.Luckily warranty covered it.Weird oly 21000km on the clock!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a 61 plate with the same problem, the dealer is replacing the discs and pads under warranty on 18/07/13. will let you know the outcome

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes- i figure it is the front discs. had similar issue with it, changed both front discs under warranty and the problem disappeared.

Three other DS4 owners faced the same issue and all three cured by changing discs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys, last week I started to experience steering wheel shudder above 50MPH whilst on the way home from work, journey is 56 miles Stockport to Newport all A roads, A518, A500, A34, do not cane it, DStyle HDi 115, called dealer straight away and took it in next sday to be looked at. Dealer stated it was the front discs and pads that were causing the problem, I have only done 18,000 miles which I thought quite astounding, senior service guy thought quite the opposite, said it depends on the driving style, he also stated the discs were only covered under warranty to 6000 miles, is this true?
Cheers
Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts