Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i'm new here. Had my DS4 for 4 weeks now. So far happy with it - although miss my Honda Civic! Anyway, i've gone through the manual and searched online as much as i can but cannot find what the star shaped button, bottom left of the steering wheel does on my DStyle 1.6 e-HDI - it's underneath the light dim button.
Also, my fan stays on for 2-3 minutes after journeys too, even short and yesterday i could smell some kind of a burning smell from the drivers side front and rear wheel arches - anyone know what this could be?

·
Registered
69 Posts
The button turns the interior lights on and off - yep not listed in the manual. Fan running on in hot weather is quite normal. Smell is probably just warm tyres.Edited by: APM

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi APM, thank you for your reply. From what i've read on the forum so far the fan issue seems common and not something i'll worry about although will keep an eye on. The heating issue i don't think is warm tyres as they are cool to the touch. I'll just have to keep an eye on this too.
With regards to the steering wheel unknown button, i mean the one on the bottom left. This pic below shows this - the moon button - half black and white is the interior dash light dimmer button. The one below does nothing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
On my steering wheel at the bottom left there is a button <P> which switches on the side parking sensor.When this is switched on and the indicator is also on it measures the distance between 2 parked cars and tells you if it is suitable for you to park.
I can only assume since you have a star that your DS4 does not have the side parking sensors fitted.

Alan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it doesnt - i think that feature comes with the Dsport. Great idea though. Mine is a DStyle. I've sat in it for ages with engine on and off tapping it to see what it does - absolutely nothing from what i can see,lol. Could it be activation for the side mirror LED beams?

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can have the side parking sensor as an extra on the DStyle. I have it on mine. Are you sure your Dstyle doesn't have it? If not I expect the 'button' is a blank. The only other thing you could do it pop to your local Citroen dealer and ask them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello,

The button your referring to, unless you have the DSport or ordered the parking pack on the DStyle, turns the cabin lights on and off.
The burning smell will probably be the DPF regenerating. You will possibly also notice the door mirror and heated rear window will be warm. The car system for some reason uses these features during the process. May be its to increase engine temp by putting more load on the engine.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Keith

·
Registered
22 Posts
Without me actually going out and physically checking I think the button you refer to on my steering wheel turns off all the lights on the dash including the radio and air con, only works when you have the lights switched on so reduces glare at night. The only dial that is illuminated is the center one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all.
Another issue - my DS4 is 4 week old and just done 300miles. Before making a long journey last weekend i checked the fluids as you do. All fine except engine oil - JET BLACK and very thin, dripped off dipstick like water - engine was cold too btw as it should be when checking oil.
Anyone else have this? DS4 E-HDI 1.6ltr
I've contacted my dealer for this to be checked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.