Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that there DS4 seems to vibrate or shake through the steering wheel between 70+80 ? I took mine to get the wheels balanced and it fixed it for a few days then it started again so i took it back and much to my amazement they were all not balanced right i have now done this 7 times there fine when they leave the dealers but it comes back again after a few days its all very odd all the dealer says is it shaking because there not balanced its going in again next week for them to look at it but i thought someone may know or have had the same experience if you could let me know it might helpEdited by: ds4120

·
Registered
472 Posts
I regularly travel between 70 and 85 and have never had any shaking or balance problems

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had it when I got the car 1st, brought it back to dealer but the problem persisted. Brought to an independent Tyre place. Guy switched the wheels around and problem was sorted and hasn't re occurred.It may not solve your problem' but it Might be worth a try

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hutch I will have a go at that i think they were switched at one point will check that and get someone apart from my main dealers to do it :-D

·
Registered
312 Posts
The weights that are used for wheel balancing on alloy wheels stick on with double sided tape . Could there be something on one of your wheels stopping them from sticking on properly and so they are falling off and then you get wheel shake . For example could there be wax left on the inside of the wheel , I know it's a long shot and you would think the dealer would have made sure the wheel was clean but we are talking about Citroen dealers lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had a similar issue when we got our DS4 however it sorted itself out overtime. Do you know if your car was a stock vehicle and sat in a showroom or carpark for some time before you buying it. Heard tyres become deformed if car is not moved for some time.

·
Registered
312 Posts
nunp said:
Had a similar issue when we got our DS4 however it sorted itself out overtime. Do you know if your car was a stock vehicle and sat in a showroom or carpark for some time before you buying it. Heard tyres become deformed if car is not moved for some time.
Yes that is true, that's why people store caravans on axle stands over winter .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did you get on with the inspection I have had mine looked at today and the dealer are going to ask citroen to look at it

·
Registered
20 Posts
good morning guys, i also have the same problem, but i am a tyre fitter so do know about these problems, i have michelins fitted to my ds4 and have noticed the same problem, after taken the wheels of the car and putting on the wheel balancer found out that the tyres are out off shape, and only would know this, when you put this on a balancer. i am now trying to get a new set from michelin under the tyre warranty, my car has only done 3500 miles, and dont or cant understand in this short time that this does this.

my experience in this would be
1. been stored for a long time.
2. tyres heating up to fast and cooling down fast this would put the tyres out of shape.
3. the most important would be tyre pressures. under or over pressued.

i will keep you guys updated if i have any joy from michelin.

kieran

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just discovered the tyres on my ex demo ds4 with 2500 miles on the clock are accelera budget jobs!! Can't understand this ? Why would the dealer fit new tyres to a car with that mileage, need some info before I complain anyone got any ideas I've checked there's no history of damage, anyone know what tyres are fitted as standard it's a dsport model thanks in advance.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mine is fitted with mitchelin pilot sport. Unless they were all badly punctured (extremely doubtfull) can't think of any reason for him to change all 4 tyres to cheap ones

·
Registered
55 Posts
deresim said:
Mine is fitted with mitchelin pilot sport. Unless they were all badly punctured (extremely doubtfull) can't think of any reason for him to change all 4 tyres to cheap ones
yeah that's what I thought, I wonder if it's sat idle for a while making the tyres misshapen I think someone else has posted about this, if that's the case I don't think there's anything I can do not happy at all

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would still ask the question you never know

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did read somewhere I think they're fitted with pilot sport 2's but when I looked on the website I couldn't see anything so not sure where I got that bit of info. from

A decent set of tyres will cost you about £400 all round plus fitting

·
Registered
20 Posts
what i would do is go back to the dealer and if you only just got it within the last 3 months then they should sort it out for you<div name="popUpDiv" id="popUpDiv" ismouseover="false" ="popUpDivOff" =":.Name='popUpDivOff';" =":.Name='popUpDivOn';" style="display: none;">
<div name="searchDiv" id="searchDiv" style="display: none;">

<div name="popupMenu" id="popupMenu" style="display:none" ="popupMenu">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

<div name="popupMenuVideo" id="popupMenuVideo" style="display:none" ="popupMenuVideo">
<div id="div1">

<div id="div2">

<div id="div3">

<div id="div4">

·
Registered
94 Posts
In all fairness really wheels shouldn't need balancing. When you buy a alloy wheel and tyre they should be perfectly symmetrical and weigh the same all round. But the reality is that they're not and a small weight when static is a big weight whe flung round at 70+ mphEdited by: Newkiebrown

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thought I'd update you re budget tyres, just had a phone call from dealer to say they will replace all four tyres for Michelin with no charge , really pleased just shows if you stick with it sometimes you get a result.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts