DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Wife picked up her Dstyle 1.6HDI on Sat. First impressions are very good in particular high speed refinement which IMO is excellent. Handling is very good considering it is quite a high riding car.

However at high speeds, between 70+ I feel some vibration coming through the steering wheel on some surfaces, typically corser / bumpy'er surfaces. I would not say its violently shaking but you can see the wheel wobble a little.

Balancing issue maybe? Tyre? Any ideas?

Before I take it back to the dealer do your steering wheels also vibrate on certain surfaces? Car only had 3 miles?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mine is fine,no vibration at all at any speed. I would think it will be a balancing issue but I would let the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Wouldn't think it was a balancing issue if it only occurs on certain road surfaces.Is it adefinite vibration or just that you can feel the road surface through the wheel?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what baffled mehoweverI've never felt that level of vibration in a car's steeringbeforeirrespective of surface. Accept there will always be some vibration however it was pretty uncomfortable.Vibration on seemed tooccur on smoother surfaces.

Wife visited thesupplying dealer todayandatechnician drove the car and said all seemed to be in order. He did say the tyres had the incorrect pressures (well over the recomended pressures)which they rectified. Maybe they should have checked this before we picked up the car? Anyway, will need to drive the car this evening to see if there is any improvement. I'm still a little sceptical.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took the car for a good drive this evening. Whilst there was some vibration through the steering wheel on some patches of the M1, reducing the pressures has improved this significantly. Car handles much better too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had some vibrations through the steering wheel, but only when applying brakes at 100-120 km/hr. The service centre detected a faulty front discs which were still under warranty...thank God.
Otherwise during normal driving there was no vibration at all even above 180km/hr.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi there, I have a slight Vibration when I'm hitting 70mph, and it feels like the car is pulling to left all the time, I have it booked into the garage a week tomorrow so I'm sure it will be all fixed them. Also I've noticed that when im turning to the right around a corner the steering feels heavy and hard, going to left feels very light, any ideas on what this might be?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad this isn't just me!!

From delivery mine has pulled to the left and I have seen vibration at high speeds. I was also told it was the brake discs and a new set put on under warranty. I have since had the same problem twice more and now I'm on to my THIRD set of brake discs after only 12k miles!

I am taking back to the dealers on Thursday (the fifth time) and have told them to keep the car until they find the underlying problem that is causing the car to veer to the left, excessive brake wear and wheel vibration.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mmm let's hope they fix mine, I love the car but this is quite annoying, I will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How did you guys get on with solving the steering wheel vibration? We're your dealers able to diagnose the issue? Seems ours still vibrates over certain surfaces as high speed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nuno - have you tried to change the discs? Maybe that helps?
Some suggested reducing the tyre pressures but as long as it does not go against the recommended figures it should work fine.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
155 Posts
pudseycongs said:
Hi there

i got the main dealer to re balance all four wheels free of charge, now with no problems

Had to have mine rebalanced on all 4 corners was really bad at 60 mph

found it hard tobelievethepreviousownerhadn'tsorted it ! (may be cause they lived inLondonlol)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts