Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My DS4 is pulling to the left, quite severely. I have had it back to dealer who tell me that this normal.Has anybody else had this problem or found a fix for it.Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've noticed mine has a pull-I think it's worse with the bigger wheels (19") as it tends to follow the camber of the road. Others I've driven are similar being honest.
My car's pull was improved with a geometry check & set up (front toe only adjustable though)-maybe this may work for you. Unfortunately it's not something that can be claimed under warranty as it is an "adjustment", although itmay be worth speaking to your dealer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hal9000 said:
Hi. My DS4 is pulling to the left, quite severely. I have had it back to dealer who tell me that this normal.Has anybody else had this problem or found a fix for it.Thanks

Is it when you accelerate hard? I find mine does this, but to the right. Under normal acceleration it's fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even on cruise at any speed it pulls to the left.I've driven many cars but I have never come across any car that pulls to this degree. I have had it back to Citroen who have said this is normal (which my passengers find highly amusing). I plan to bring it to an independent garage for check as it makes driving very unpleasant. I was wondering if its just my car, or a common effectThanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
richcy said:
Hal9000 said:

Is it when you accelerate hard? I find mine does this, but to the right. Under normal acceleration it's fine.
Is your car a 2.0 HDI or a THP? As that sounds like torque steer...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had you said it only happens on acceleration then I would have said torque steer too but it shouldn't be happening just in general.

Is it on normal b-roads or is it on motorways. When you say pull does it dramatically change or drift?

It certainly hasn't happened on mine.

I did have something similar happen to me in my ZR years ago. Happened more on braking though, when i finally got it to the garage they said the tracking was out. In fact his words were "have you been in a head on collision?" Seen as the car was 4 weeks old I replied "not **** likely"

Hope you do get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses. It happens on all roads at steady speed. Its not the road as I drive other cars on the same roads. No satisfaction from Citroen even though the car is only 3 months old. It looks like I will have to go elsewhere. From the responses it seems to be specific to my car

·
Registered
551 Posts
My 200thp pulled left slightly on the test drive so asked the salesman to sort it before I picked it upHe said no problem and took me to see their new state of the art tracking and vehicle alignment jig
Looked veryimpressive and obviously works cos mine drives spot on now.

As for the dealer saying that's normal!!!
Can you imagine anyone designing a car thatdoesn'tdrive in a straight line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice. I haven't given up on this yet. I can't believe this isn't fixable despite what Citroen says

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, I've not experienced any pulling or torque steer yet (only had the car 3 days) but one thing that I have noticed is the steering wheel allignment.

It seems when driving straight there's about a 2 - 3 degree left turn on the wheel which i know isn't much but is a touch annoying. Anyone else had / got this or do I just need to get it back to the dealer to sort?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine doesn't pull to either side and the steering is straight. I had an alignment check on my last car (Audi A4 Quattro) and it was pointing more to the left and the tuning guy said that all cars over here are like that so that you naturally drift away from oncoming traffic if you start to fall asleep...

·
Registered
42 Posts
.. or in Germany - where the car came from! I had a friend of mine who works for Porsche check the settings on their whizz bang alignment program and the settings on the car were completely off. Just a good excuse from the other guy - sounded quiteplausiblereally!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got the same story from my dealer, but I don't buy it. Did the Porsche guy fix it for you.? I will probably need to bring it somewhere else

·
Registered
42 Posts
@Hutch - I ended up trading it in for the DS4. It wasn't pulling very much but the angles were way out on the alignment machine's readout. They really should be pretty muchsymmetrical(left to right) and mine were quite a way out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry. Should have read your posting more carefully that you were referring to your previous car. How does DS4 compare to A4 ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had this too - going in the local Citroen garage on Friday to look into. Mine is also having wheel shudder under braking so they think it has something to do with the left front brake on mine.

Will report back on Friday............................

·
Registered
164 Posts
Let me know how you get on. Brought mine to ATLAS who did some work on it and I notice a big improvement although its still not 100%.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Following visit to the dealer yesterday they said the wheel shudder and pulling to the left is down to both front brake discs warping and distorting.

They have ordered new discs and pads but said they have no idea what caused it and have sent all info, diognostics and photos back to Citroen to investigate.

They said the discs would have eventually cracked and broken up - I've only done 9,000 miles!!!!

Might be worth anyone with car veering to the left and asking them to look into. I went to Arbury Citroen in Nuneaton so might be worth your dealer discussing with them.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts