Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I recently bought a 2013 Ds4 1.6 diesel automatic. I'm very happy with the car overall, with the exception of the stereo. I find the speakers distort with heavy bass tracks and am looking to upgrade.Any tips/advice on new head units or speakers please?Thanks.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Its more likely to be the Speakers rather than the Head UnitThere is no replacement to theHead Unitthat I know of..I stand to be corrected....
I would get an ICE company to look to replace the speakers, that, I think, will be your best option

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
I haven't read that anyone has TBHLet us know how you get on

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Skaface321, I too found the Standard Ds4 speakers a little weak. So I upgraded them with JBL 609c front and JBL 629 in the rear. It certainly made a big difference to the sound quality and was well worth the £160ish I spent on them (plus 6 hours to fit). At the same time I also sound deadened the doors with this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silent-Co...Damping-Mat-/161282941044?hash=item258d366074
Again well worth doing if you are upgrading your speakers at the same time.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Thanks for offering to do this MarkIt will benefit others

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Chris, just a thought the photos I used to remove the door panels are not actually mine. They are on the net. Am I best posting a link to them or would it be ok to take a copy of them. (I found them on another Citroen forum.) any advice?

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
OK if you write underneath the post, where you copied them fromie Photos courtesy of.........

·
Registered
7 Posts

Citroen DS4 front door card removal, picture courtesy of C4owners.org

Blue circles = Torx Screws
Red circles = Pop Clips

Anyone wishing to remove their door cards should buy some back up pop clips, as they often break when removing the door cards http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C4-DS4-DOOR-CARD-PANEL-TRIM-CLIPS-HOGRING-INTERIOR-/191017158793?hash=item2c79828889Edited by: Mark416

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.