Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have 1.6 egs auto on a 2013 plate.
I am looking for some help with the start stop function. Any body know how this works.? I get the green Eco light flash up but the engine still runs.
Got problem with sat nav screen freezing and issues with Bluetooth. Only had the car six weeks. Can you return the car and ask for a full refund?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I presume you've read the handbook. Stop /start only works if you've got your foot on the brake. As regards sat nav etc go and moan at the dealership.

·
Registered
227 Posts
First step would be to go to the dealer and ask them to show you how this works if you don't think it is?
I presume you have driven the car and then came to stop and found the engine has not stopped? Forgot about it "sounding" if the engine s running ....what is the rev counter saying?

·
Registered
155 Posts
My car was 1 year old when i purchased it and the car would not go into stop mode, after quite a few visits to my localdealer a software update and numerous phonecalls to customer serices Citroen agreed to fit a new battery foc, its worked perfectly since. Go back to your dealer like the others say

·
Registered
578 Posts
Lee wood said:
Hi guys,
I have 1.6 egs auto on a 2013 plate.
I am looking for some help with the start stop function. Any body know how this works.? I get the green Eco light flash up but the engine still runs.
Got problem with sat nav screen freezing and issues with Bluetooth. Only had the car six weeks. Can you return the car and ask for a full refund?[/QUOTE
I dont have the stop start on mine byt regards the freezing sat nav your dealer will get a software update for you on warranty - - its a unown problem

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just went out in the car today and still cant get the eco to work.rev counter had three bars. Turned the radio, air con off and still no joy. Travelled 15 miles so I guess every think should work. Any help

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lee wood said:
Just went out in the car today and still cant get the eco to work.rev counter had three bars. Turned the radio, air con off and still no joy. Travelled 15 miles so I guess every think should work. Any help
I would say it definately would have kicked in by then. Mine works within a minute of starting off and justa few yards.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hoovie said:
Lee wood said:
I would say it definately would have kicked in by then. Mine works within a minute of starting off and justa few yards.

Same here, you know you need to keep your foot on the brake and you must have your seatbelt on all doors closed and do not apply the hand brake ..

Have a read of my post.. If you run the car, stop it, leave for a while (say 10mins), then try it again and it works i would say it's a battery issue. It only takes the battery to be run down too far once (maybe while it was sat in stock ?) and it wont be good enough to operate the stop start system.

http://www.ds4ownersclub.co.uk/forum/new-owner_topic284.html

Edited by: g_p_t

·
Registered
86 Posts
It does need to have enough battery charge to ensure that everything will function in order for the eco mode to kick in. I find that if I've been using the car for mainly short journeys, the eco mode won't function (the light flashes a few times when you stop with your foot on the brake). If I then take it on a decent journey so that the battery gets topped up, the eco mode will work as intended (and the light stays on when it's in eco mode).

I've also found that if the engine has come back on while I'm still stopped (i.e. the car needs the extra power for electrical functions), if I drop the gear into neutral it will go back into eco mode.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go back to the dealership,point out the problems and insist that they sort them out. Battery on these is massive to enable all the electronics to function so you need to have that checked out for a start. Electronics are constantly being updated and you need to be assured that your vehicle has all the relevant updates. I would also suggest you write to Citroen and complain that you are having all these problems and want them sorting out - at the end of the day they are responsible for ensuring your vehicle is up to scratch. Don't be fobbed off with excuses. Keep on at both dealer and Citroen til' you get sorted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the stop start to work but had to turn off the heating/air con. Any ideas any body. Once I turned it back on it never worked

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not got start stop on mine ,but if you had the aircon /heating on in a BMW it overrides the start stop and stops it working .

·
Registered
227 Posts
Pretty sure on the DS4 it works with AC on or off (I tend to leave air con on on auto all the time).
Think a dealer visit is needed.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Lee wood said:
Got the stop start to work but had to turn off the heating/air con. Any ideas any body. Once I turned it back on it never worked
Definitely a dealer visit mate

·
Registered
8 Posts
stop start only works if you slow down to around 15mph then stop you must use the footbrake if you put hand brake on engine starts
if a passenger opens the door to get out the engine starts
try driving up uor street then slow down to around 15 mph see if it works if it does try handbrake to see if engine starts then try door
all i have said works on my ds4
hope it works for you

·
Registered
544 Posts
cally9 said:
 if a passenger opens the door to get out the engine starts
Just in case anyone is wondering why this is, the bonnet release is hidden by the passengers door, this is a safety feature which if the car is in stop-start mode with the engine off and somebody goes under the bonnet it doesn't start the engine whilst they have their hands in there. So long as the passengers door is open the stop-start won't function which means you won't get a nasty shock!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts