Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just wondering if anybody else as had a strange thing happen when they have returned back to their car and found both front windows have been opened about an 1" or so? This has happened a few times now and just wondered if I was doing something to make this happen? Both windows where closed when I locked the car but when I came back they where both open!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have had that happen on quite a few occasions. Very worrying

Has anybody been to dealers about this problem

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not been to the dealers yet but I think it needs looking at ASAP especially with all this dam rain we are having

·
Registered
50 Posts
It must be a known fault. I had issues with my ds3 and the dealers denied all knowledge when I showed them threads on the ds3 forum and one of the guys on there worked in a dealership and he provided a Citroen fault notice I think it was called a rapide . I will post on there to see if he can have a look for us.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've had it happen once, took it straight to the dealers and they told me theyhadn't heard of it happening to the DS range. They come out and opened and shut the windows a few times and said I may have done it by mistake with the key fob . They told me to go back if it did it again and so far it hasn't . I'll keep my fingers crossed mine was a one off..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Aldo, yeah please let us know and if you can send me it ASAP as I'm wanting to go to the dealer and talk to them about it, thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi it happened to my DS4 on one or maybe 2 occasions. Still haven't figured it out.Could it be a safety feature?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi it happened to my DS4 on one or maybe 2 occasions. Still haven't figured it out.Could it be a safety feature?

·
Registered
135 Posts
happened to me once. the window was completely down when I returned - and it was pouring with rain!. I thought perhaps I'd caught the button when I opened the door but it seems reasonably recessed. Hasn't happened since but it does make me a bit nervous of it happening again.
I don't think the key fob can open windows can it. Doesn't it only close them?.

·
Registered
312 Posts
NethersYes the key fob can open thewindows . The dealer used mine to send the windows up and down before asking me if I could have caught the key button by accident,like I said before mine were both down a inch or so and it hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can reset system look under handbook Anti-Pinch

It's caused by holding unlock/lock button down for too long on most occasions

This was the response from a dealer on ds3 forum

·
Registered
551 Posts
SBK61 how do you open the windows with the key fob?If the windows are open and you use the fob to lock the car does it close the windows,never tried it!

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you hold the open button for a couple of seconds it opens the windows and the same with the lock button for closing them

·
Registered
312 Posts
chud786Like deresim explains you just keep the open button pressed for a couple of seconds . I think my dealer thought I had pressed the button with something in my pocket and that because the door hadn't been opened it locked itself automatically . I can lock the doors and the window stays down unless I hold the close button down for a few seconds .Both windows go down if you hold the button and both of mine were down about a inch .

·
Registered
85 Posts
As far as I know something has to do with the safety. If your window is going up and it feels resisting it wil lower the window by an inch or so. So it can't cut fingers or hands of.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Aaaargggghhhhh!!!

Snow!!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Whoehaaahaaahaahaah!!!

Just kidding.....

Sorry guys!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my DS4 sport since November and this has happened to me twice. I haven't reported it because I assumed it was something I had done. I am glad I have seen this post!

Mike #newbie

1 - 20 of 20 Posts