Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,i promise i have read the manual,honest lol

my iPhone 4s connects via bluetooth no problem and calls are fine BUT when i click through the source button to switch from say USB to radio it passes my iPhone,connects to it and starts streaming music from it.i do not want to do this at all.i know i can go into the bluetooth connections menu and select disconnect from media player(or whatever it says on the menu) but i have to keep doing this each time i restart the car.

is there no way it will remember this option permanently?or something i can disable on my phone?

wouldn't be so bad if i flicked past the option it started playing then as soon as i went to radio it stopped physically playing but the phone is still playing silently in my pocket,as soon as i turn the car off i guess music will come blaring from my pocket(have not tried it tho lol)

when the bluetooth connects theres a little number 2 next to the bluetooth symbol(presume that means phone and media)when i disconnect media this changes to a little number 1(which means just phone i guess)

thanks guys

·
Registered
69 Posts
I came across this a couple of years ago when I first had the car and I never found a way to get around it.

To be honest the bluetooth compatibility/usability with the iPhone i've found to be particularly pants, it's the one thing my previous Blackberry was much better at. I use the same phone in my mini with google maps and it plays whatever source I want, and only interrupts it for announcements when it needs to - with the ds4 it wants to play whatever free rubbish I have on my iPhone (I have an iPod for that thanks!).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like a fault to me, contact your local dealer, if under warranty should be foc, otherwise you'll have to put your hand in your pocket :)
I have emyway on my car and I'm able to scroll through each source without this happening, have you tried connecting a different phone and trying, may also be an apple glitch/compatibility issue

Good luck..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine doesn't have the emyway - I am just on the standard bluetooth setup - I suspect it is just a apple glitch - was told was on the latest software when mine went in for it's second service a few weeks back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts