Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, l have a 2012 DS4 1.6hdi which has a stutter on start up. It shows up more on warmer days. Its getting dangerous pulling away from junctions as looses power. Then when you put your foot down power comes back and you fly off at high speed.
People suggest EGR but not sure mine has one, if l have its bloody well hidden. Think its FAP/DPF model, but happy to be contradicted. Under warrenty still but our local Citroen are awful as l bought my car privately they dont want to know.

Thanks for any help or advice. VERONICA

·
Registered
73 Posts
Check injectors for leaks number 3 leaks normally around the seal.It might just need some injector cleaner put in the tank I run my DS4 on shell v power diesel.Edited by: essexpaul

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just a thought. I have a 1.6HDI and during the hot weather last summer the engine would sometimes hesitate or almost stall during the warm up. Probably 2 or 3 minutes after starting.Dealer loaded a software update from Citroen into the engine management system which seems to have cured it. Probably altered the respective mixture and temperature settings.

Regards MSH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts