Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm having problems with my tailgate switch not always working. The tailgate will sometimes pop when I unlock the car and also occasionally when I switch on the radio without the ignition switched on. Also the tailgate won't always open unless I press the handle in a particular way. I think it's the microswitch in the tailgate handle but I'm having trouble identifying what I need to replace. I've spoken to a citroen dealer but I don't think they have told me the correct part number . Does anyone know if I can just replace the switch or do I need to replace the complete handle assembly. Thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
I find that it's best to activate the rear hatch switch, pause for a bit, you can hear it unlatch and then lift the hatch. There's a definite delay between squeezing/pulling the switch and it unlatching. Just enough for unaware friends and colleagues to get caught out and they end up trying to lift the whole car from the rear.
Too much of that and I could see the latch switch mechanism breaking.

Back in the day, we had mechanical door switches and they WERE instantaneous.

·
Registered
212 Posts
This was an issue with our old C4. The micro switch moves only a millimeter or so and in time this movement reduces. this made the electrical micro switch unreliable. The cure was to take the interior trim off and undo the two screws holding the assembly on and in my case put something in the small gap that made the mechanical part of the switch return to open , in my case a small piece of double sided foam tape used for holding number plates on. This made the switch far more reliable and lasted about 5 years until I sold the car. Perhaps this may be the same on the DS4 boot micro swiitch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts