Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Does anyone out there agree with me...I much prefer the style on the front of the original DS4 to that of the new one.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I really like it:

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Another:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Chris said:
I really like it:
That's an artists impression (photochop) - the picture above is the real new front, and I really like it.

The revised specifications are well judged too, a Babylon red Prestige 1.2 Puretech with Criollo leather for me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Agree with you Guyon, new front end is too generic, looks too similar to other brands. Was a bit concerned buying ours earlier this year with a face-lift on the way but have had no regrets, we didn't want a standard ride height hatchback from the very crowded sector which this has now gone to or a fake off-roader which the other crossback model has gone too (and with only the low power option too), so the USP of the original has gone. Definitely no regrets and really loving the car still.

Ps do like the new front lights though Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I was unsure about buying mine earlier in the year as well took delivery in March also wanted the ride height and still happy with mine as well. I am also not a fan of the cleaned up dash like my knobs and buttons.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Prefer the old front, and especially the old lights.
If the dash has been "cleaned up" by removing a lot of the buttons and making things accessible by touch screen only (like the revised DS5), then that is a retrograde "improvement".
Have to do this a lot with the C4 Cactus I had for a day and was fiddly.
And what the Cactus had and the DS4 should have had ( and I am guess the facelift still doesn't) is opening rear windows. Ok, not enough room for wind-down, but could still have them like Cactus and hinge out, like many 3 door cars.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have to say I'm still undecided, and think I have to see one in the flesh to make up my kind. My friendly Citroen dealer is going to give me a call as soon as they have one available for a test drive, so hopefully it won't be too long before I get the chance to try one. I'll post some feedback on here when I can.

I'm a little disappointed that the Crossback only has the smaller engines available so that's something else I'll be keen to test as I really like the 2.0 litre diesel I'm driving now, and can't really see myself stepping down to a 1.6.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I really like the idea of CarPlay, however it only supports a few third party apps but I'm sure this will change over time.

Looking on the Citroen.fr configurator you can see the 210bhp petrol, A worthwhile addition I think. I don't know how many people will go for this though.

I'd also be keen to find out whether the LED headlights are as bright as, or even brighter than, their full xenon counterparts and whether or not they do the cool turney cornerey thing!

·
Registered
544 Posts
The Citroen UK configurator is up and running too, although there are some gremlins;

you need to select the 'Dstyle Nav' which actually gives you the Prestige spec and select 'space saver spare wheel' to give this model the 18" Brisbane alloys otherwise it just wears some 16" Boston's from the C4.

The headlights in the price list are described as 'DS LED Vision Directional Xenon headlights' which in the options page are then described as 'DS LED Visiom Headlights (directional LED/ Xenon Headlights) and they come with washers so I'd be amazed if they weren't full-fat Xenon's - the car on the front cover has headlight washers showing so I'd be amazed if that was a mis-print

All they need is Vapour Grey and it would be perfect but I'll take Babylon Red!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not keen on the new front end, It's lost it's identity, all Citroen's should have the double chevron on the grille.The new 2.0L diesel engine looks like it's giving even better economy. the old ones good though, not sure if it's just software or a new engine.
Would be nice to see the DS4 Racing with the 1.6L 270bhp motor!!!!! that's fitted into the peugeot rcz

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The problem is with the double chevrons...they are pretending it is no longer a Citroen The DS will carry no Citroen badging..they are saying it is now a stand alone brand, although still sold through the Citroen dealerships...sorry its still a citroen.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I hope I'm not being controversial and say I like the new front?

·
Registered
176 Posts
They have stopped making all RCZ's (my best mate had one and had just tried to buy another new one before they cease production but they have already stopped apparently) though that engine is the same as in the 308R so could still be a possibility in future I guess. Maybe more likely now its a normal hatch back too, unless they think a fast version isn't in line with the luxury market image they are after.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Interestingly the 210 THP is nearly a second slower on our configurator than it is on the French configurator. Also the denon hifi is now only £450 as opposed to £550.

But yes I agree, it's all a bit buggy at the moment!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think the new face is nice, but also less "special". I was a bit worried that my DS4 would look "old" compared to the new, but I do like the "old" Citroen face a little better - still looking up to date.

Another thing is that the choice of petrol engines (according to the configurator) in Denmark is down to one: DS4 PURETECH 130 S&S STYLE. This makes me even more pleased with my current DS4
- with this very limited choice I think I will hang on to my present DS4 for many years to come.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Went to have a look at the revised DS4 this weekend at my local dealer; its stunning, pure and simple - the car on show was a Prestige 120 Blue in ink blue with 19" Cairns wheels and it looked fantastic, the standard cloth/ leather/ suede interior looks a real class-act and headlights really are very tasty.

Lovely, could be tempted!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Have they lowered it at all?

·
Registered
544 Posts
They don't appear to but that's fine - if I wanted a lower car I'd buy a 1998 VW Caddy, sticker bomb it, band the wheels, stretch the tyres and replace anything useful on it with something useless!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Really? The FB page said it would be lower, with the CB higher!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts