Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ordered any or already have them?Do you think you don't need them?
What are your experiences of them?
Post your thoughts here

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive used Winter tyres for quite a few yearsIve also just bought 4 x 19" ones from MyTyres @£125 a corner (Kumho KW27..Great winter tyres)
The year I used them on my Octavia vRS, I sailed past a stuck Range Rover Sport..LOL
A point to remember too:
Winter tyres give much more grip in cold temperatures (<7C), so they are not just for snow!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Until recently I lived in the far west of Cornwall, where in 30 years I only saw three or four days of snow and frosts are not at all common. Having moved 'up country', I've started looking into winter tyres in earnest. I got quite excited a couple of days ago when I read about the Michelin Cross Climate, which according to the press is a step change in tyre design, being a year round tyre that is as good as both a summer tyre and a winter tyre. There is no compromise. That's the good news. The bad news is that the don't seem to make it for 18 and 19 inch wheels. My DS4 DSyle 2.0Hdi Auto has the 18 inch wheels and with the automatic box, I am not going to start changing wheel and tyre sizes, so it is back to the drawing board.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just get my local fitter to fit my winter tyres and store the summers until MarchHe charges me £40 to change tyres..Therefore £80 a year. I'm happy with that

·
Registered
61 Posts
My old mk1 C4 once tried to kill me on its W rated summer tyres, it didn't want to go up the slope from the carpark at work. The hadbrake held but the tyres didn't - it slid down the slope towards me and I had to dive onto the kerb to avoid it.

That day I decided to buy Winter tyres. Then I went out to play in the mountains - the difference is like night and day.

Since your summer tyres don't wear when you're not using them, the only real cost it the changeover twice a year. Well worth it in my opinion.

My DS4 will be switching to its set of Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4s in a month or so. Bring on the snow!

Edited by: Sarky Git

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My new Winter tyres have come todayWaiting till the end of October to get them fitted
They look enormous!!

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just the same as any car with Summer tyres. Appalling!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.