Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately the time has come for me to part with my DS4 due to a new job meaning a large increase in mileage (from around 4,000 a year to 20,000) that will blow through my contracted miles (18,000 total) on the finance deal. The car was due to go back to Citroen next April, and I estimate going over the contracted mileage around Nov/Dec. However, I've decided to change it now before my insurance renewal on 1st September.

Today I paid the deposit on a nearly-new 2015 Mazda 6 2.2D Sport Nav in red with stone leather interior. It used to be the dealer sales manager's company car and has been loaded with all the options. It is an absolutley gorgeous looking car both inside and out and it drives beautifully aswell as having lots of toys.
As it's done just under 5,000 miles I've got a lot of car for the price I'm paying. They've also agreed to pay off the remaining balance on the DS4 direct to Citroen Finance.

I will miss the DS4 as it's been a good car (to drive and look at) and not given me any issues apart from the hassle of getting the Bluetooth working that required a new radio unit. It's sort of a shame that it's turned out to be my shortest-owned car at just under two and a half years. I'm also going back to Mazda after having had a 1st gen Mazda 6 Sport from 2003-2008 before I bought my C4 which was then replaced by the DS4 in 2013.

Thanks to everyone here for all the help and advice that has been given over the years.

As they say in DS-land, au revoir!
Edited by: DoomWolf

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Good luck with the MazdaIt should also be reliable as you say
I have a Mazda MX-5..That's bulletproof!!
You don't need to say Goodbye for ever..pop in now and again and share your new car experience with us

·
Registered
176 Posts
Being relatively new here we don't know you, but best of luck. Its great to hear you had a good DS4 experience. I'm sure you will like the Mazda, they look lovely cars as you say and as also owners of an mx5 (small world Chris are you in the OC or Nutz?) for the last 14yrs, I'm sure it will be great. Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Tis indeed a small worldYes I'm a Member of the MX5OC (ChrisRs)
My car:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lovely Chris, mines a touch older! I'm also a member of the OC (John90), will maybe see you at a meet one day.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi everyone nice to see the club is more active Chris is doing a good job
Hope everyone's DS4 are going ok. My new DS3 sport is going well good mpg just a nightmare to clean being perl black.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would advise getting the DS3 coated in GTechniq Crystal Serum followed by a coat of GTechniq exo, the laquer is very soft on that colour and marks so easily. The GTechniq CS is a lot more scratch resistant and is guaranteed for 7 yrs and the Exo has great self - cleaning abilities. Got our DSport done a couple of weeks ago and highly recommend it. Video just shows, rain water running off at speed!

Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi how much did that cost you and does it stop scratches and swirl marks. I have been using carpro reload after doing snow foam wash and then 2 bucket wash. When i rinse the car most off the water runs off like your car. My mate who does detailing said you never stop the light swirls you can only reduce them. So if it has stopped them on your car i think i'll get mine done.Thanks for info.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Becki_Justin said:
Lovely Chris, mines a touch older! I'm also a member of the OC (John90), will maybe see you at a meet one day.

That looks amazing
Very well done

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks Chris, its been a 14 year labour of love, I bought it from the original owner and have slowly 'enhanced' it over the years. It is definetely part of the family, and was even used as our wedding car!
Paul, Reload is a very good product as you have already found, and its function is similar to that of the EXO/C2 layers, which is why you are seeing the good water dispersal properties. The Crystal Serum layer is supossidly several times tougher than any OEM car paint laquer, which means it should resist washing scratches very well, and also marring scratches from bags rubbed against the car etc too. It apparently can only be fully removed by wet sanding but can be machined polished still if you did get scratches in it. I haven't had it long enough to give comment on its performance (just over a week) but there is lots of information and reviews online on it so you can make your own opinion, but it is expensive as it can only be bought and applied from an approved person, and along with the 7 year guarantee, so you won't get much change from £400-500 probably, unless you are friends with a detailer who can get it and the paintwork is already in great condition.

For me it was worth it, we will probably keep the car 10 years (our other two cars we have had for 14 and 8 years and have no plans to sell either in the coming years) and I protected the Clio with Ceramishield a few years ago which was a similar product no longer available and I found that fantastic and preventing swirls so I am sold on these ceramic permanent type coatings, but will still apply the semi-type coatings on-top like EXO/C2/Reload/Toughcoat or one of the others I still have on the shelf.

The other thing you may want to consider if you dont have one already is a air drier. I bought a pet dryer the other day for £65 off ebay, they are the same as the car ones costing several times as much apart from hose length. It makes the drying process contact less which will also minimise swirls, especially over the winter months. I initially bought it as I was getting persistant drips from wing mirrors, boot spoiler etc after drying which was causing water marks before having the coating applied, but it works so fantastically with this new coating I can't imagine ever drying with a towl again, it dries a panel in second and will be especially useful in the winter when I may just want to do a quick contactless wash with just snow foam, when I can't dry the car with a towl as it won't be perfectly clean, but I will still be able to displace the water with the air dryer to prevent water spots occuring.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for info thats my next buy to blow water off the car . Car is only six weeks old was planning on getting it detailed once a year as its only used four days a week then it's in my garage. It's a lot harder to keep clean than my perl white DS4 was.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Some interesting, knowledgableand informative chat here
However, can we keep on topic and discuss Detailing in the correct section please
Many thanks Guys and Gals

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just one day to go until I wave the DS4 goodbye. I just hope it goes to a good home and that the next owner takes good care of it.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Exciting!
Show us some pictures of the new car wont you?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm loving it.

It's such a smooth and comfotable drive, but the 2.2 litre engine gives it that kick of acceleration when you need it. It also blows the DS4 away for the sheer number of gadgets, and the DS4 isn't short of them!

I've got adaptive LED headlights, blind spot monitoring, lane assist (pretty much steers itself on motorways), reversing camera, front and rear sensors, heated seats, a music interface that works as you'd expect (my biggest bugbear on the DS4) and keyless entry/startup to name but a few. The only available option that's not on it is radar cruise control.

It also gets a lot of admiring looks and comments, which is certainly helped by the striking metallic red.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts