Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the trip computer screen, does the mpg and average speed show independently or the same?
The appear to show the same value most of the time, and sometimes slightly different. I would have thought all 3 values would be independent for both trip counters, so mpg average speed and distance for one is calculated based on the last reset.

·
Registered
201 Posts
According to the manual the functionality is the same. I tend to use my Trip 2 as the mpg since I owned the car and Trip 1 I reset occasionally to see what a long run is like.
If the distance travelled is different on each then the mpg will be different depending on the driving style. I've never reset both and left them to see if they report the same. (they should do)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Should be the same until reset - I do trip 1 at each fuel-up and trip 2 I let run to give me a good idea of how it's going over a longer period (it's never that good as we tow the caravan!) - our 1.6HDi had 12,500 miles (20,000km) service intervals which meant you could reset the trip at 6250 miles (it only counts up to this as it equates to 9999km and the trip only allows 4-digits) and then you'd have a quick way of telling how many miles until the service was due.

·
Super Moderator
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've only reset trip 1 on each fill up, and trip 2 has been reset once when I got the car. The values are either the same, or within 0.2 of each other, I don't believe I'm that consistenta driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts