Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I wonder if someone can help and shed some light on problem i have. Any info or pointers would be much appreciated.
I have recently bought a DS4 THP200 petrol 1.6 and am really pleased and happy with a car mechanically its great few minor issues which are not bother at all but have noticed recently when i do hard acceleration i.e. when overtaking a vehicle i get a service light on with the error cod "
Engine Fault repair needed" and then power to engine is cut off (not completely but limbo) until i stop the car switch it off and back on again error clears and all is fine again. It is rather strange because if i drive car without sudden acceleration as just going thru gears normally its absolutely fine no issues at all and no error. Its almost as it is boost pressure or something related to turbo boost pressure. I don't want to spend big money on new turbo as someone pointed to me that i might have to replace a turbo, am more inclined to think there's got a to be a valve or something that controls a boost pressure or am i talking nonsense here?
Has anyone ever had similar problem or might have better idea of would could possibly be at fault? Any info / advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Dee

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
You'd need to read the fault code, sounds like the boost is going to high and the car is going into limp mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'd need to read the fault code, sounds like the boost is going to high and the car is going into limp mode.
Hi David thank you for the reply. I have borrowed lexia for friend of mine and done a scan and came back with few codes but i dont understand as they only read as temporary fault each one. P2263 P2602 P2261 P0299 all related to turbo charging circuit pressure either to high or too low with status of temporary fault. So am really confused and not willing to spend a 1k on new turbo lol. What i did found when i bought a car that someone has been working on car and for some reasons all the turbo pipes were loose, circlip was not tighten at all. So really baffled what it is.

Thanks, Dee

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
More likely to be a sensor, or maybe sticky wastegate.

Might need some live data to see what's happening when the fault occurs, can lexia do that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More likely to be a sensor, or maybe sticky wastegate.

Might need some live data to see what's happening when the fault occurs, can lexia do that?
Hi David, thank you for the reply yes i have mange to rescan it again and save some screen shots. It shows a lot of stuff but to be honest half of the data makes not much sense to me as i don't know what the measurements for the vehicle should be so makes me even more confused lol. I do hope it is a sensor or wastegate as on one of the measurements it says solenoid valve suspected jam open? I assume solenoid / wastegate is a same thing or completely different?? Sorry i don't really know.
Thanks, Dee

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts