Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

Do anyone has any information about the engine-sound-generator in Thema TBP200?

For comparing i would like to switch the sound off.

I couldnt find any information or pictures to see, how the location of the sound generator/channel is.

Thank you for answering.

T.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The what now? Not a clue what you mean.. what is the Thema TBP200?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry. I wrote it with a german smartphone with auto correction.

DS4 THP 200 sound generator. I think, people who have one, know this feature.

T.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"But Citroen do not rely on the motor alone to trumpet the battle cry for advance. A special sound system ensures that acceleration has impressive aural accompaniment. Just like a musical instrument a membrane is made to vibrate in response to the air sucked in and produces a sound which is sporty in the extreme. This sound is then amplified through negative pressure in a special acoustic channel. The effect never becomes annoying: When the car continues on its way the sound normalizes and the noise inside the car never becomes an irritant."

Source:http://www.motorvision.com/artikel/franco-bavarian-friendship-citroen-s-ds4-thp-200-previewed,9149.html

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have one and never knew about it until I read your link.It sounds like it's built into the exhaust or air box maybe,so I don't think you will be able to "turn it off" easily.
Seems like a good idea to me,the car sounds great under acceleration and then calms down to a nice quiet level under normal driving.
Why do you want to turn it off?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correctly, the sound is interesting.
But we have also a DS3 THP 155 without
this sound generator. So I must admit that the noise is not missing to me while accelerating. It sounds good at first. After a while it is arduously for my ears and i get headache. ;) Above all, while driving for a long time on the motorway. In Germany there is no general speed limit. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Before I got the DS4 THP200 I owned a DS3 THP150 and although both cars have kinda same acceleration the DS3 didn't sound like a sporty car. So I'm very happy with the DS4 coz now you can hear that its meant to be driven dynamically. On the other side the DS4 is pretty quiet on the german Autobahn even at high speed. And while the sound is generated by a special membrane there's no way to switch it off.Edited by: Emph

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can life with that "noise" but driving the DS3 shows me, that i could life without it too, maybe better.

I assumed that its maybe possible to remove the part of the channel, wich is connected with the internal of the car.

T.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Now I know, how it´s possible to turn off the generated motorsound. But I won´t! ;-)
This picture is from a Peugeot RCZ THP 200.

T.
Picture-Link:
http://www.peugeotboard.de/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=13827&sid=fc3609c712322726e67db39130e9d635

Edited by: timmy_g

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a picture of the acoustic channel with some foam material.
It seems to be the only possibility to turn him off.

T.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts