Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered how much miles you guys got from the first set of tyres? I only got 13500 miles from mine on my 1.6 HDI

·
Registered
578 Posts
Baz thats about average, I've done 11500 miles on Michelin Sportsand the fronts need replacing by 13000 according to the dealer! Crap isnt it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yip I didn't expect to put tyres on before it goes back in February, I can't decide if I want another one in feb or change to something else!

·
Registered
135 Posts
My 1.6 DStyle has done about 14,500 miles and I would say there is about 1000 left on the front tyres before they get to the depth indicators. That's about the same as I got on my Peugeot 2 litre Dturbo. I won't be putting Mechelins on again though. far too expensive. I had Kuhmos before and was happy with them. I've had a quote of about £80 each for my DS4.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Rev G said:
What are you thinking of getting next Chud?

Not really my choice next time Rev

I've picked the last two cars DS3&4 so it's only fair I give my wife a say on the next one

Not that she has complained about my choices
She fancies an SUV of some kind

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking of replacing my 1.6HDI with the 2.0 HDI 160hp DS4! I feel the 1.6 is very under powered, any feed back on the 2.0 would be appreciated!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Thats very noble o0f you Chud

Check this out the Citroen C4 Air Cross if the Wild Rubis isnt produced

·
Registered
56 Posts
2.0 is a solid engine and most in the know say it's reliable and sound. We have run two of them one in the DS4 and one in a Pug 3008 for over 2 years and both have been sound. I get over 50 mpg with a mix of country lanes and motorway. And always plenty of go when you need it and lots of low down torque.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Rev G said:
Thats very noble o0f you Chud

Check this out the Citroen C4 Air Cross if the Wild Rubis isnt produced

Thanks Rev

I haven't seen one before,looks quite good
especially the front end
Would prefer the 2.0l engine though if it ever comes here

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, although I like my 1.6 I just need more power as my one is just gutless! It has only gave me an average of 38 MPG in 13500 miles, I'm confident that the 2.0 would give me better MPG!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Baz1976 said:
I'm thinking of replacing my 1.6HDI with the 2.0 HDI 160hp DS4! I feel the 1.6 is very under powered, any feed back on the 2.0 would be appreciated!
Ive got the 2.0hdi DStyle and the engine is rock solid reliable. Im happy with the fuel economy, has rapid acceleration and leaves many BMWs confused

·
Registered
268 Posts
Baz1976 said:

2.0L goes really well, I have a few friends with 1.6L who moan they lack power and the fuel economy is no better than my 2.0L.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Stevew684 said:
I have the 2.0 litre Hdi 135 Dstyle, it's got plenty of power when you need it.
What sort of mpg do you get ? I've got the 160 and get 47 mpg . The 135 was just coming out when I brought mine and the spec sheet read the same for performance and mpg at the time .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the 200bhp sport with 19" wheels.. After 11500 miles I have had to replace all 4 tyres.With all my previous cars i could get at lest 15K fron the fronts.... now have Yokohama's all round, if these only last 12K at least i have saved myself £200 vs the Pilot sports that came as fitted.

Not happy about changing all 4.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts