Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My summer tires are on 18" wheels with TPMS sensors. Never had an issue with the TPMS.

Problems started after changing to 17" winter tires with TPMS. It was done at the Citroen dealer using original parts. After driving some 40 km I get an alarm telling me that the tire pressure is no longer monitored (on any of the wheels) and the Service light turns on. If I turn off the ignition and turn it back on, the error is gone and everything is OK. But after another 40 km. same thing happens.

I took the car back to the dealer to get the problem fixed. They told me that the cause was that the wheel circumfence was not entered correctly in the cars computer. Back on the road however I got the same error message again, and when I brought the car back to the dealer they said everything was OK and they could not find any problem with the car. They had to go to Citroen for advice (I'm waiting for them to get back to me).

Have any of you experienced a similar problem and had it sorted out (and how) ???

Any ideas are appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Karsten.

I have the exact same problem with my winter tires.

I thought it was the Citroen dealer, who had
used some cheap rubbish on the rims, to save money.

The car is soon
going for cervices, so I take it then. It had been great to hear what your solution
on the trouble is, before my visit to the dealer

Regards
from Norway

Arild

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Arild

As of now no news from the dealer. But my personal guess would be that the dealer did not enter all neccessary data or entered it incorrectly OR that everything was entered correctly but then not handled correctly by the cars computer (software flaw). Anyway, I will give them a call tomorrow to check status - and I will post the final result here.

Christmas regards from Copenhagen
Carsten

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Happy Christmas Carsten

·
Registered
154 Posts
Glædelig Jul Carsten, og rigtig godt Nytår!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: The dealer rang me today - but Citroen had no solution to the problem. The dealer suggested to take the tire of one of my 18" wheels (where the TPMS is working) to identify what sensor is mounted, and then compare to those they mounted on my 17" winter tires and change those if different.

Before doing this tedious exercise I have spoken to the small independent garage that used to store my wheels for my old car and asked them to reset and set the TPMS as if they had changed the wheels themselves. It will cost me a few EUR but if they can make it work - well then I'm happy (but not with Citroen). I'll try this tomorrow and revert with an update.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Can you keep your posts in English please guys..Thankyou

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update 2: The independent garage put their TPMS Diagnostic Tool to all 4 wheels and said: "There is no sensor in any of the wheels !!! ". Taking into account that the dealer forgot to mount the sensors when I purchased the winter tires, and I had to go back to have them fittet this was a real surprise and made me real angry. Tomorrow I go to the dealer to double check and have them put theirTPMS Diagnostic Tool to all wheels in my presence. Update 3 will follow tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Should be an interesting visit...Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update 3: Visiting the dealer this morning they insisted that TMPS sensors was installed in the wheels. They refused to pull out a mechanic to put a sensor to the wheels allowing me to see the evidence. They instead booked me a time in 2 weeks where they will check the winter tire sensors against those mounted in my summer tires. So the story will continue - really annoying.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
How frustrating!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update 4: Sorry for the delay in posting this (I forgot my posting...). To make a long story short - the dealer replaced the TPMS sensor in all 4 winter tires (free of charge) and the problem was solved. If this was the true and full story I dont know, but focusing on the result - problem was gone.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Great result Carsten

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.