Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just bought a second hand DS4 with 15k on the clock, ex-demonstrator. During the drive home a warning light came on stating "Tyre under pressure monitor fault" and the service light came on followed about 30 seconds later by an engine fault alert stating the car needed a service.

I've called the dealer and have been told they will need to car for potentially a full day to look at it, I've also read some posts on various forums basically saying this is an intermittent fault that should clear once the car has been driven a bit.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if the engine fault warning would be related to the tyre fault alert or if that's a separate issue?

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I've not had the engine light but I have had the under inflation warning when the Tyre garage fitted my Winter Tyres.
It cleared itself

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'd get it back to the dealer to have it sorted out.
They have to stand behind the cars they're selling and assuming they're 'reputable' they'll want to get it sorted for you.
No one wants unhappy customers these days with social media able to cripple businesses practically overnight.
Let us know how you get on.

- Nic

·
Registered
544 Posts
Force980 said:
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if the engine fault warning would be related to the tyre fault alert or if that's a separate issue?
If by engine fault you simply mean the 'service' light then be aware the 'service' light hides a multitude of sins and does not necessarily mean they are engine related - we had our front right wheel replaced about a month ago (second hand one, Mrs FB having battered the original one into submission...), after a few days the car identified a 'tyre pressure' issue and the 'service' light came on - I couldn't honestly tell you if it was the same time or not but it was soon after if not immediately. I checked the pressure and think, with hindsight, when they'd fitted this one wheel and tyre it was a lower pressure (2 bar, the tyres on our car should be 2.6 and all the others were) and the car had worked that out coming out of a tight corner. I pumped this up to 2.6 bar and it's never come back (the sensor and 'service' light reset itself).

In the first instance I would simply check the pressures as its not unheard of for dealers to get them set wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, garage wants the car potentially for a full day which would be inconvenient to say the least, going to ring the sales department tomorrow and see if i can get them to agree to look at it tomorrow afternoon. I know they've had it on the road recently so can't see it being anything serious.

After spending 20 min sat in the car fitting my dashcam the engine fault warning came up by itself (the tyre warning comes up as soon as the car starts) so thinking from previous experience it might be a fuel filter and a good run should clear it out. Still I'll get the garage to look at it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had it looked as yesterday, tyre sensor is "buggered" and the blue hdi tank needs replacing. All being done this Tuesday coming and hopefully all will be right after that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.