Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that the pilot sport 3s stick out further than the alloys to protect them. Is this the case with all tyres of this size? I have the 18 inch wheels. I want to keep the protection so I don't scratch the alloys (I park at the roadside at home so quite often come in contact or very close to the kerb). Is there a particular code I should look for? I'm looking to order them online for fitting locally, but I will also check Evans Halshaw Citroen too, see if they will match online prices.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It isn't that common to be honest, but the DS4 wheels are very susceptible to kerbing, and I've even managed to kerb one of my fronts with the Goodyears and they have quite a thick rim protection on them. From memory the michelins had a few mm 'extra' protection, but nothing so you'd notice.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There's a thread on here regarding "Alloygators" to protect alloy wheels if you've not seen or heard of them... I fitted them to my son's car and they've definitely been very effective judging by the lumps he's taken out of them since! They were straightforward to do and took around 45 minutes which included the time needed to jack the car up on each corner.

http://www.ds4ownersclub.co.uk/forum/ds4-driving-school-car_topic621_page1.html

I haven't put them on my DS4 yet, but plan to do so shortly, and there are pics in the thread mentioned if you're interested.

Edited by: TheBadgerJC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts