Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have a 200THP white DS4 with 225.40.19 tyres and just coming up to 40,000 mile, the rear tyres went at 22,000 and the front 35,000. now at 40,000 the front naturally have only done 5,000 and I have had to put another two new one on the rear, so they only did 18,000 this time, now for a 200THP front wheel drive car this seems strange, neither the Citroen garage who checked wheel alignment or the tyre people who did the same know the reason, anybody else had this mystery with low profiles.

Ian
in Essex

·
Registered
544 Posts
That sounds like curiously fantastic wear on the fronts rather than an issue with the rear (which is what I think you are querying) - perhaps it was a peculiarly hard wearing batch. We always put new tyres on the back and move the part worn ones to the front (as is best with front wheel drive) and would get 20k miles out of a set if Premacy HP's on our old C4 Picasso as a rule of thumb.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also have a 200bhp with low profiles and i had to replace all 4 after just 12K miles...I guess it depends on the type of driving. Mine was most town/city...I wont be having low profiles on my next car...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't know if you have much choice, the tyre size and profile relate to the wheel size, if you have big wheels, you'll have low profile tyres..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I seem to get such good mileage is most probable because nearly all well 90% is on auto-route's back and forth to Spain so not much turning, but still a puzzle as to the rears going 22,000 and fronts 35,000. As for changing from 19" low profiles I do not think it possible as it would throw out all the computer setting, speed mpg ect

1 - 5 of 5 Posts