Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found your forum, had my ds4 1.6 dstyle 2 days, and engine sounds like its a gonner :(
when i pull away, or accelerate from low revs i get a horrible metalit clattering which sounds like bottom end shells :(

the car has done a massive 133 miles. (62 plate)

so now for a nice day at citroen tomorow, trying to figure out where we go from here...

not a very happy bunny right now!

anybody else heard of engine failure so soon?

Thanks for any advice

Daz

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sorry to here that DazWhat are you hoping the out come will be?
New car,money back or repair at worst I assume

·
Registered
27 Posts
First enigne issue that i've heard of on the DS4. Good luck and I hope they can solve the issue.
Edited by: Sandman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply`s, Dealer says its "JUST" diesel knock due to contaminated fuel (we stuck £20 in straight after we collected it in the garage opposite the dealership, They said they had a simmilar incident earlier this week and it cost the owner a new fuel pump!,so theystuck a tin of fuel treatment in, and said fill the tank and the knock will dissapear in 5-20 miles, we have done 100 miles so far, and its the same now if not worse :(
We are going to drive it again tomorow to see if we can clear the contaminated fuel, but i dont hold out much hope.

This is a Motability car, so we will be on the phone to them first thing monday.

We had a Vauxhall Insignia previous to this, and it never missed a beat from day one!.

I`m not sure what can be done. but if the enginehas failed, i dont want a replacment engine/repair, i would want a refund of my deposit, and thenmake an informed new purchase, POSSIBLY a DS5 2.0 Dstyle.

Or possibly something conpletely different.

I am just not sure of what the procedure is, at this point i am thinking that the vehicle is not fit for purpose, and within 2 days!

I will defo keep you guys informed.

Darren

1 - 7 of 7 Posts