Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have had my 1.6 hdi for 3/4 weeks now and to say in not happy is a understatement - I part exed My DS3 (1.6 hdi) and beginning to wish I hadn't -
My first problem was my lights weren't programmed right - this has been sorted after some perseverance
2nd was citroen told me id have my refund of my last payment on the 26th jan - I received it Tuesday
3rdly - there's a very high pitched noise in the dash very irritating - some technicians say they couldn't hear it and the sales man just said they All do that
And my biggest issue is I'm getting 31mpg which is appalling next the figures stated . This is short town driving however even after 500 miles and a mixtures with motorways it's only showing 37!!
My local dealer told me to fill it up and reset it - big help not.
Any suggestions/advice please??
I love the car apart from the above but can't help feel I've been missold or wasted my money

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine as has dashboard vibration on certain roadsurfaces, but its not there veryoften.

But still veryannoying !

My wife has a 2012 C3 and to be honest it feels like a more solidly built car over all than my ds4.

Her C3 is a 1.6hdi 90hp and she averages 58 mpg im lucky to get 50.

But the ds4 has its great looks and gadgets !

·
Registered
312 Posts
HiIt seems all the dealers are rubbish, my car hasn't got high pitched noise coming from the dash, so they don't all do that! It takes a lot of time to trace rattles and other noises from around a car cabin and the dealer can't charge what he likes for warranty work,I would insist he sorts it out he's just thinking of his profit margin.
Mpg, no one on here gets anywhere near the offical figures,37 does sound low,mine is the 20 hdi and I get between 44 and 47 mpg

·
Registered
231 Posts
sorry to say mine gets 39mpg round town and i checked another car at local citroen garage which showed 40mpgloads better on a constant run though
no dashboard noise from mine ( touch wood lol )

we are on winter fuel, we are using our lights ,heater and other accesories more as it's winter
all these things add up to poor mpg
lets hope in spring / summer we see an increase in our mpg figures

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope so ! it's getting looked at next week so lets hope its sorted...My ds3 never had a problem and I did the same journeys and was getting 46mpg around town at least....I couldn't afford the Sport, wishing I could of now with those figures!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
It would seem the 1.6 engine has a fuel economy issue, but only in the DS4? My 2.0L seems ok mid to late 40's and I send it on a bit, I wonder if Citroen need to tweek the map on the 1.6? Are all the ones with poor mpg Stop/Start versions?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree the poor fuel consumption on the 1.6 diesel is specific to the DS4. I had a C5 with the same engine which gave much better consumption despite it being a much bigger car.

·
Registered
470 Posts
As it says in the manual fuel consumption should regulate itself after millage of about 5000 km (ca. 3100 miles). It's usually higher during the running-in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really haven't ! I'm scared to even go over 2000 revs ! I've got to the stage where I don't even want to drive it if not urgent trip :-(

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well, I've got that fuel consumption saver, and try to drive evenlybut still I average 7.6 l/km (ca. 31mpg) on my 1.6 VTi 120 hp while it says in the manual I should burn 6.6.I guessallmodelshave the double-level acceleration pedal, try to use it on level 1 only.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My MPG's have definitely improved with the weather being a little warmer and less traffic with the kids being on holiday, this is my results after 3 days of mixeddriving

Just filled up as well (£83
)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I only picked up on the 21st so I can't really tell ! Does anyone seriously know of the consumer rights with new cars? I do have an email off the sales man telling me his ds4 does 60mpg and he can confirm the figures are correct

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am aware of that but it's still a lot lower than figures given to me and told to be accurate !

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dee26 said:
I am aware of that but it's still a lot lower than figures given to me and told to be accurate !

The problem you have is the Ds4 is capable of 60mpg and will return that at times whilst driving, did your salesman claim it would return "an average of 60mpg" or "was capable of 60mpg" ?
As I have said before all new cars suffer from government figures which are in no way based on real world driving.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
His exact words:
"Mpg figures for the new car are 60.1mpg. I am driving one at the minute and can confirm this is accurate. "

1 - 20 of 41 Posts