Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a service today and asked about the stereo issues. One of their engineers attended a seminar on the Bluetooth problems and Citroen are aware and actively working on a software patch that is probably going to be ready this summer.

This should resolve the problems experienced by all Citroen C4 and DS4 models using the standard issue stereo system.

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up. Hopefully we don't have to love with buggy Bluetooth for too long.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the update, but you wouldn't have thought it would be so hard for a company the size of Citroen to fix such a basic functionality issue would you?

·
Registered
86 Posts
It was supposed to have been fixed by the end of last year! The problem has existed since last spring, so any fix is already far too late.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My DSport went in yesterday for the software update and Bluetooth is now working!!! Made my first telephone call in 12months that the person on the other end could hear what I was saying.

It's taken a while to resolve so must have been difficult to remedy but thanks Citroen, I am now happy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does the software update have to be done at a dealer? & how often?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took mine in for the Software upgrade today and apparently my radio didn't accept the download! Grrr! So I've got no functioning radio/cd/bluetooth. And they've got no idea how long it will take to receive a new unit from Belgium. I wasn't best pleased when I picked up my car earlier.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Lisajk77 said:
I took mine in for the Software upgrade today and apparently my radio didn't accept the download! Grrr! So I've got no functioning radio/cd/bluetooth. And they've got no idea how long it will take to receive a new unit from Belgium. I wasn't best pleased when I picked up my car earlier.
Same thing happened to me yesterday!

I went in on Wednesday so they could check the current software version and chassis number to make sure that it was right for the update and then they booked it in to carry out the update yesterday. After waiting for two and a half hours, they'd only succeeded in bricking the entire radio system due to a problem with the download and they now need to order a complete new radio unit.

I can still change the volume using the steering wheel controls and if I turn it up, it appears that the radio is stuck on in FM mode somewhere between stations. My DRLs also now seem to be switched off with no way to put them back on as none of the computer menu system is functional.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mines been back in now for 3 days - Citroen France wanted to dial in and try a software programme - didn't work. Now they want to tweak the programme. If this doesn't work I've told them I want a new unit, no questions. Dealer reckons they can't order one without the say so from France. Rather frustrating!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've spoken to the dealer today, as the service guy is back off holiday, and they confirm that a new radio has been ordered and authorised by Citroen (he was surprised that Citroen had confirmed and authorised the order as quickly as they have). Now it's just a case of how long it take to arrive as it apparently can be anywhere from a few days to a month.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Crikey! That's a result for you! My dealer can't get Citroen France to ring them back. It's been 2 days now with no return calls. I'm soooo fed up of the lot of them, wish I'd never had the 'fix' done now!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had major issues after my software update. Similar story, went into my local dear for Bluetooth issues only for the dealer the cook the head unit, steering wheel controls and parking sensors. 5 months on, 3 replacement head units later and still not resolved. Not impressed

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had a call from the dealer just after lunch to say that they've got the radio in and the car's booked in for the replacement on Thursday.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We certainly should expect all the functions that we've paid for to actually work, particularly when Citroen made such a big deal of the Bluetooth, making it one of the car's key selling points.

I took my car in to the garage first thing this morning and it took them less than a hour to replace the radio. It's all working again and so is the Bluetooth! I gave it a try on my way back home and there's no more sounding like I'm at the bottom of a swimming pool. It's just a shame it's taken over 16 months since I took delivery of the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update... Finally have a functioning stereo. Dealer fitted a new one yesterday after 6 weeks of problems and delays by Citroen! All seems ok thankfully and bluetooth phone connection is working fine.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Our Bluetooth seems to have rectified itself - it's not he clearest system in the world but the 'drowning at the bottom of the swimming pool' characteristic has stopped and a conversation is perfectly legible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All
I'm new to the DS4 (and forum). Only collected mine on the 1st of this month. It's a 2 year old DStyle 2.0 HDi in Silver.

Must say I really like the car but I'm also suffering from Bluetooth issues. Callers say they can hear their voices echoing back. I've read a lot of users have a software update and this seems to solve the issue. I took mine to the local Citroen garage last week and after two hours of trying to preform a software update they gave up and asked that I book the car in for a full day. I've since left the car with them for a full day and upon collection I was told that I don't need a software update and the microphone needs replacing :-( I know my software is very old as other users say they are on 2.80 and my unit is on 2.07.

I'm not convinced that it does but I have no choice but to let them try. I asked if they'd done the software update and was told that they were unable until the microphone has been replaced! They are going to call me when the part arrives to book it in for another full day.

I get the impression that they don't know how to do the update! They've also marked my trim under the air con controls as there's what looks like a screwdriver mark there! I've called them to complainand was told they'd look at that next time its in.

I'm loosing confidence in the garage and just wish there was someway I could get the software updated without having to replace parts (that I don't believe need replacing).

</rantover>

Apart from the Bluetooth issue I love the car to bits.

Edited by: ad25121048

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have you tried talking to another Citroen garage as a different one may know what to do?

If your car is two years old, it's probably not the issue that a lot of us had as that was caused by the addition of DAB radio as standard in February 2013 (I had to have a new head unit under warranty). It may well be a microphone issue, but certainly keep pushing them to get the software updated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks DoomWolf, I'll let the garage change the microphone (hope they don't mark anything in the process) and request they update the software at the same time. Their website states I need the new software as my Samsung Galaxy S5 requires 2.80 to function correctly.

If I don't get any joy on my next visit to the garage I'll contact another one.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts