Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of upgrading my lighting to LED and thought some of you may like to know what I've used in the event you'd wish to do the same.

I've already changed my DRL's, Front + Rear Indicators, Brake, Reversing, Number Plate and Boot lights to LED and my Main/Dipped to Philips White Vision Halogens.

DRL's -380 P21/5W White 60W CREE-XBD SMD 12*5W Canbus LED - From Hids Direct
Front Indicators - 435/BAY9S/H21W CREE LED 50W WHITE - From Horizon LED's
Rear Indicators -581 Twenty20 Cree LED 12V PY21W Canbus Amber Bayonet Bulb - From Auto Bulbs Direct
Reversing Lights -382 Twenty20 LED 12V P21W Bayonet Bulb White- From Auto Bulbs Direct
Brake Lights -382 Twenty20 Cree LED 12V P21W Canbus Bayonet Bulb Red- From Auto Bulbs Direct
Front Footwells/Glovebox - T10 CAR BULBS LED ERROR FREE CANBUS SMD COB<b style="font-family: 'Helvetica neue', Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;">WHITE and BLUE[/b]W5W 501 - eBay
Boot + Number Plate -Citroen Bright Canbus LED Number Plate 501 W5W 5 SMD White Bulbs Xenon - eBay

Please note that my manual states brake light as P21/5W, luckily I checked and its the same as the reversing light, P21W.

I've also changed the headlights full/dipped H1/H7 to Philips White Vision, cheapest was from Amazon, they're a goodimprovement on the originals but no where near the colour of Xenons.

Hope this helps anyone considering doing the same,I'mextremely happy with the results. I'lltake pictures when the weather improves.

Edited by: Peter

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to get out, in-between the pouring rain, to change the front footwell bulbs -T10 CAR BULBS LED ERROR FREE CANBUS SMD COB<b style="font-family: 'Helvetica neue', Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;">BLUE[/b]W5W 501's. Thought they looked pretty good, gives nice ambient lighting which matches my display colour set-up, although they weren't a perfect fit, had to fiddle about a bit.

Edited by: Peter

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a pic of the Philips White Vision, not the ideal time, I'll take more detailed pictures when I get a chance, preferably in daylight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really think the blue foot well light looks really good, I may steal that.

The headlights are really bright white , cant knock them , useful for the links too

thanks!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi my car had Xenons but i changed all other lights to LED several years ago.

Small tip if you change your driving lights to bright LEDs then the normal LED indicator lights at front are not that visible. I had to update to some CREE ones to make them clearly visible over the driving lights - just be warned.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LukeG89 said:
I really think the blue foot well light looks really good, I may steal that.

The headlights are really bright white , cant knock them , useful for the links too

thanks!

I think the picture of the headlights exaggerates the brightness, they're brighter but not blinding :)

Yes I really like the blue led's, really stands out upon entering/exiting the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Peter, thanks for your tips there buddy. Would you mind posting a pic of your vehicle in normal daylight conditions showing the DLRs and the sidelamps (boomerang) both on please? I want to change my DRLs to same you used but want to get an idea of how it looks with the sidelamps on. Cheers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Simnco said:
Hello Peter, thanks for your tips there buddy. Would you mind posting a pic of your vehicle in normal daylight conditions showing the DLRs and the sidelamps (boomerang) both on please? I want to change my DRLs to same you used but want to get an idea of how it looks with the sidelamps on. Cheers.

Oops! Only just seen this and I guess a little late to reply, did you upgrade?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Peter,

How are the LED DRL/sidelights working for you?
Just received mine but one is broken, wondering if this is my bad luck or if the quality is not too good?

Best regards,

Rick

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Rick,

Seems like bad luck, mine are still running fine. I think they have a years warranty so give them a call, they'll probably just send another through to you.

Pete

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Peter,

Yeah will do so today.
Another thing I experienced is that the LED's get quite warm quite quickly, don't they become too hot for the head units?
I am looking forward to have them placed as well!

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Rick,

I've had no issues with them being hot but then I haven't really checked them for heat after I installed them.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
No issues here either
It can sometimes be the quality
I had some LED bulbs from China fitted to my wife's DS3
I notice that the same bulbs from the seller are still for sale on eBay!!!
They were totally crap and needed replacing...The sidelight bulbs actually melted
Be very aware that there is some real crap being sold out there...in the name of 'value'!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.
I have ordered exactly the ones at HIDS-Direct from the UK as described in the begin post by Peter.
Indeed I have seen the same looking ones as well cheaper on Ebay but noticed the quality can be way less...

HIDS-Direct will send me a new led for the one that is broken and hope to have them installed by the end of this week!

Greetings,

Rick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Received the working LED's yesterday evening, looks amazing! Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
12 Posts
was this easy to do? i haven't checked out my footwell lighting set up yet but this looks awesome!! presumably lights are only on when doors are open / all lights on, OR can you put the foot lights on separately??

·
Registered
492 Posts
I swapped my footwell globes out for white LED's.
Super easy, just make sure you get Canbus versions and don't go for the cheepies.
Oh and if they don't work, flip them over cause LED's are polarity sensitive. I got some small COB canbus LED's that fit everywhere. Even into 'both' lights in the boot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
swapped mine out today, went to do the glove box but:1. struggled to remove the light
2. once it came out got it back in easy enough but can't get the push switch back into the whole ( for when the glove box is shut the light turns off)

has anyone encountered this/ know how to put the glove box light back in successfully?

thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm guessing it's a little different in LHD versions but I just guided the protruding switch portion into the hole and then snapped the lamp housing back into place.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.