Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an iphone 4 andalthough i can connect my media player via Bluetooth, to be honest its not the best sound quality. I then had a brainwave and though i can connect my phone via USB. Problem is it only plays 1 song (out of 523!).
I can't find out which files the stereo lets me play? Anyone out there can help me!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think here the problem maybe due to the fact that the iphone coverts the music files to aac.

Normaly music files are MP3 - apple does things differently :) :)

As a test to this get a normall usb drive, copy some mp3s and some aac files on to it and try to play them.

Your aac files will more than like be in your itunes folder.

I think you will see you can only play .mp3 files

Hope that clarifies it a little.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Plays fine off my iPhone 4 via USB connection - nothing to do with what apple does to the file format, the USB natively supports iPod connection (I have the same issues as you with bad sound quality via Bluetooth btw). From what I can remember, first off go to menu>music>music parameters and set it choose by artist. Then back from the main screen (where it displays song title), press List, then navigate to the top up arrow and press ok and keep doing this until you see 'All Artists'. Select that then choose a song and it should play them all. I can confirm tomorrow if needs be...Edited by: thecork

·
Registered
9 Posts
thecork said:
Plays fine off my iPhone 4 via USB connection - nothing to do with what apple does to the file format, the USB natively supports iPod connection (I have the same issues as you with bad sound quality via Bluetooth btw). From what I can remember, first off go to menu>music>music parameters and set it choose by artist. Then back from the main screen (where it displays song title), press List, then navigate to the top up arrow and press ok and keep doing this until you see 'All Artists'. Select that then choose a song and it should play them all. I can confirm tomorrow if needs be...

What he says !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Problem is... this does not seem to recognise playlists. Has anyone got any further with this? I've tried using USB and it just puts the first song on repeat saying '1/1' rather than '1/987'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts