Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I got a 2011 DS4 Dstyle Hdi a month or so ago but I've encountered a couple of issues when I try to use my Garmin satnav.

First of all, the cigarette lighter port doesn't seem to work for the adapter or for the actual cigarette coil. Is this a common problem? I thought it won't be a problem as there is the usb port right next to it where I'd be able to plug it into instead.

However...when I plug it in, the Sat nav thinks it's plugged into a computer as opposed to charging so it doesn't open up and allow navigation.

I've tried 3 different cables but get the same issue. Has anyone else encountered this or have any solutions?

Thanks in advance,

Rusty

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Could a fuse have gone?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll check the fuses tomorrow but it's the usb behaviour that's puzzling me. It's like it thinks it's being plugged into a computer rather than just a power source.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Try unplugging the cable from the sat nav, then plug the cable into the usb port first then plug the other end into the sat nav.seemed to resolve the issue for me

Alan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to report back that when I take the fuse cover off in the glove compartment, it looks nothing like the manual! No idea how the two are linked!

Also tried the usb cable procedure recommended but no luck...

Any help with the fuse problem? I'll try and post photos

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.