DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a notification on MyDS app telling me my map and touchscreen are out of date. I downloaded the updates from the link provided, copied them to a USB Flash drive (exFAT format) and the car doenst recognise the drive.

in the instructions it says

The application «DS UPDATE” allows to updating the navigation system and the mapping. This application prepares the USB stick that you will need to use in your vehicle.

I cannot find a link to this "DS UPDATE" file anywhere to correctly format the drive.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

·
Super Moderator
912 Posts
Not got a touch screen sat nav, but on mine there is a setting menu option for updating maps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
System update

thanks for the reply, I can find that setting, it tells me there are no updates which was my fallback but that doesnt work for me.They have dates of 2017 but the updates from the DS app is 2019 for mapping update and Touchscreen is 2020. The updates are 9 and 2GB respectively so maybe thats why they dont show in the updates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not NTFS either

i just tried with the USB formatted to NTFS and got the same "USB Device cannot be read" message.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Usually you have to have a code to enter that is based on your cars VIN and the unique number from the software you are installing. This is usually provided by the software supplier. Do you have this number?

·
Registered
179 Posts
The format needs to be FAT32. When you download the files it is a zip file format. Unzip the files to a folder on the PC and copy the contents of the folder to the FAT32 formatted flash drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts