Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. For some reason my system is not recognising any USB memory stick I plug in. The lights on the stick flash but nothing registers. Am I doing anything wrong. The aux is activated to. It's been plugged in for 5 mins plus

·
Registered
268 Posts
Richard Thornton said:
Help. For some reason my system is not recognising any USB memory stick I plug in. The lights on the stick flash but nothing registers. Am I doing anything wrong. The aux is activated to. It's been plugged in for 5 mins plus

I had this problem when I tried to swap from one memory stick to another, it seems if you go to radio before you remove/replace or do it with ignition off its no longer an issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have managed to get it to start reading by re formatting to FAT32, but it now comes up with an error, Media unreadable after it has already started to show tracks. Checked out the stick and its fine. It's the only thing that won't read it. Any clues? Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Richard Thornton said:
I have managed to get it to start reading by re formatting to FAT32, but it now comes up with an error, Media unreadable after it has already started to show tracks. Checked out the stick and its fine. It's the only thing that won't read it. Any clues? Thanks

I would'nt have thought it would work/need the fat32 just reformant the disc as in wipe the data and re load your music, mine would,nt read after a 20minutejourney, I had to stop and re install the usb stick (engine off) before it would read. The head unit will only read mp3 and wma files in standard format.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again32GB sticks wont read!!!

Gota 4 GBUSB stick working and reading fine. Copied my ITUNES songs into seperatley labelled folders and the DS4 read them all perfectly and it played any track from any folder.... Good eh. NO!!! for some reason i can only play 1 track at a time then start another manually

This must be something really simple. Tried all the play options but to no avail.

Any Ideas
Ta

·
Registered
268 Posts
You havent got the thing set on a strange repeat sequence, You can set various ways to listen in terms of the next track

·
Registered
470 Posts
I've got an 8 GB USB, when I plug it in the system reads in about 90% of the files (about 11 GB) and fails to see the last fewfolders (they're in alphabetical order) so files starting from letter "V" are not seen on the screen. I do see and can play them on my computers so they are physically present on the stick. Any ideas why? Is there a limit for file number?

·
Registered
21 Posts
DShark said:
I've got an 8 GB USB, when I plug it in the system reads in about 90% of the files (about 11 GB) and fails to see the last few folders (they're in alphabetical order) so files starting from letter "V"  are not seen on the screen.  I do see and can play them on my computers so they are physically present on the stick. Any ideas why? Is there a limit for file number?
Yep I've seen the same problem and from what I can make out there seems to be a limit of about 2000 files. Seems to be related to the number of files and not their size. I'd hoped to find somebody else with an explanation and even a solution somewhere on the web but no joy. I will ask the garage when I go in for a service but not holding my breath for an answer

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi, I have a 16gb USB and discovered a similar problem today when I added more files and they were not there.
Seems there is a main FOLDERS limit also ( around 80?) If you load various albums under a recognised folder they are visible. I am now recataloging mine under folders for POP, ROCK, CLASSICs etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts