Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since end of November I am proud owner of a new DS4 2.0 blueHDi150 S&S MAN6 So chic, a beautiful designed car, but""¦
(my apologies if some words are not correct since I am Belgian)
After a few days we experienced a sort of vibration coming through the clutch pedal, the steering-wheel and the gear box, especially when asking for power
These are our findings:
1. Car doesn't start smoothly (if it does, the problem is non-existent or less)
2. The engine makes a more roaring sound
3. Changing gear runs more bumpy
4. At first when riding in lower gear you don't feel it, but when asking for power and velocity going from gear 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 (+1850rpm) you can feel it very well
5. It feels like the car is regenerating (when the new cars regenerate, you can't feel this anymore, but in the old cars you could feel this very well) It's like all the ""˜consumers' are lighted at the same time (AC, heating, windscreen defrosting,""¦) and the car is losing power because of it.
6. When you start with a cold engine, the problem is worst. When you stop for a while (engine is already warm) and you start again, the problem is less or even gone. (however in the beginning the car had good days, but now it's present every time but not always in the same degree)
7. 2 times we had this: riding perfectly, we let the car slowing down (in gear, but not giving power so consumption zero for a few yards) and suddenly the problem appeared when we throttled. Did something happen when there was consumption zero?

Last Wednesday we had a new appointment with people of Citroën. They didn't experience the problem. We got a new offer for buying a new car but we don't want to pay an extra 3000 euro and having to ride with an engine we didn't choose for in the beginning! (note that in Belgium from 1.1.16 on the taxes on Diesel engines has risen enormously) We want our car to be fixed! My husband and I are riding a car (8 different cars) for 30 years now and we pay attention to detail so we are very sure this car is having a problem. We have felt when it was riding well so we can tell the difference when it is riding bad. After a big ride, our hands and foot are ""˜sleeping' caused by the vibrations.
Hoping to find a solution because I really love this car!
Sorry for this long topic

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.