Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Looking fwd to picking up my DS4 in white but one question re rear visibility/blind spot

Obviously it cant be as a good as a saloon with big windows, but was hoping to get some feedback from people who have done some serious mileage?

Esp. Re blindspot (i wont have the monitor)

I did test drive but hard to gauge properly on a short run...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi.
My wife complains about the poor visibility whenever she drives my car. The C pillars are big and the windows are small so it's bound bepoor. I don't find it a problem but I'm used to driving largevehicles with large blind spots .

·
Registered
23 Posts
It was one of probably two niggles I didn't like on my test drive, but I've always felt the focus Ive driven till now was spoiled on rear visibility for a sloped hatchback and I have the parking monitor so I don't mind so much. Ive come from bikes too, I'm a little paranoid about lifesaver over the shoulder checks.. so its just one of those things you get used to.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As the others have said, if you've driven things with low visibility or rode motorcycles you get used to it, and I dare say you will.

I find rear visibility OK, but not great. Over the shoulder visibility is OK on right hand side, but left hand side is obscured and quite badly at times.

A lot of this depends on your passenger, but if the seat back is angled, as most are, i find that whether my wife is in the car or not I cannot see from the B pillar back. It's actually the worst I've had with a car due to the small rear windows and the big head rests.

Edited by: iwelford

·
Registered
23 Posts
Been driving all afternoon since pick up and intentionally reverse parked a few times. Have to say it bothered me much less, didn't find it that restrictive

·
Registered
551 Posts
Can,t say I have really paid much attention to itI do drive my van most of the time so I'm used to using the mirrors for reversing and seeing whats behind.
Parking sensors and blind spot monitoring are useful though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts