Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The EPA - Americas environment protection agency had caught VW of cheating smog tests and I'm guessing they use the same tricks here to make there emissions figures look good?

Alexander Dobrindt said it was not known how many of the 11 million vehicles affected were in Europe.
He also said other manufacturers' vehicles would be checked.

The scandal began unfolding on Friday when the German car giant said it had used software in the US to provide false emission test results.

Mr Dobrindt said he had been told vehicles with 1.6 and 2.0 litre diesel engines are "affected by the manipulations that are being talked about".

The company's Jetta, Beetle, Golf and Audi A3 models in the US from 2009 to 2015, and the Passat from 2014-15, were fitted with the devices which produced doctored results. However, diesel cars are far more popular in Europe than in the US.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34298259

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
How many other manufacturers have pulled the same stint I wonder?From what is being discussed in the 'Car World', maybe everyone!!!
We shall see

·
Registered
176 Posts
I can't believe they tried to get away with this, but it is funny that the home of the 7 litre Hemi is horrified by a little four cylinder diesel!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts