Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am part exchanging my DS3, and have ordered 1 x White DS4 DStyle Egs Hdi for the Wife and 1 White x DStyle manual Hdi for her Sister. Both arriving this month hopefully!!

I have noticed in the new DS4 brochure,that they now come with Dab radio as standard. Hoping I am lucky!

Rgds Lee

Edited by: lazyboy

·
Registered
551 Posts
Same route as me DS3 to DS4I only got 1 though

Didn't know about the Dab radio,I'd sooner have a better sat nav TBH
Enjoy your new car

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmm, well based on my experinece, I wouldn't gurnatte the the DAB radio being free.

I ordered my car in the end of March. By time I got, this weekend, the radio had been updated to a DAb. This cost me £50

·
Registered
86 Posts
The DAB is standard on all DS4s built March onwards. I ordered mine in February and got it in April with the DAB which didn't cost me any extra. I didn't even know it had DAB (the dealer still had old brochures so I was expecting the Citroen Assist and SOS buttons, but they have been removed from DStyle models) until I'd got it home and was going through the radio bands and came across it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Boothy that is an interesting question.I would suspect that now having 3 years data on the DS4 and therefore how many people have renewed their breakdown cover, they have found that the demand did'nt justify the cost of building in a SIM system. So to save money and differentiate between models it was dropped especially in the 'cheaper' cars.
SOS/Assistance buttons are handy for re-assurance but how often would you use them?
Most people have a mobile/smartphone now and car insurance companies charge less for breakdown cover than Citroen. I paid £80 to renew for a year (no discount for buying 2 yrs up front), I could have got cover via my insurance company for £50 - I just liked idea of button working, rather than being white elephant.

The bigger worry is that if it is 'dropped' from too many models then they will reduce call centre costs (through less perceived demand) so us who have it won't get a service when needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts