Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I purchased my DS4 In January this year (used) and enjoyed almost five months of trouble free motoring then my problems started, I made a 180 mile journey and nearing the endof the drive all the warning lamps came on and there was also an audible warnings to stop the vehicle, whichI did,I summoned the AA and made the rest of the journey on the back of a transit, the car was taken back to my local dealer and I was informed that it had to have a part fitted that should have been changed under the recall procedure. I thought all would be well as this seemed like a small oversight on the sellers part that this had not been done, but!!!!three months later the car has broke down again with almost the same faults apart from that this time the engine would not switch off even with the key removed?????.

The car was returned again and they replaced another component, and returned the car back to me I managed 11.7 miles when the dash lit up like a xmas tree again, the car has been at the local dealers now for almost five weeks.

I'm told that Citroen tech don't have a phone number that the dealer can call to get assistance on and it has to be done via E-mail, also would have thought the car should've gone back to the main tech departmentand not tie up the local dealer with aproblamatic car.

Ihad owned a Xantia for almost ten trouble free years before this car and prior to that an XM that was also trouble free, I'm so dissappointed with this car, but i still love the styling and interior of this model,I spent three months looking for the right car and all I have found is a pup.

Edited by: wylie

·
Registered
472 Posts
Best of luck, hopefully they will get to the bottom of the problem soon

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woo hoo!!!!! Got my car back yesterday, still not fixed properly, I have to 'return it in a couple of weeks and they are going to install a new wiring loom.
It's so much better than the courtesy car (DS3 petrol). I have to make a decision now, whether to keep it or not.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sounds like a result

1 - 5 of 5 Posts