Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Got a 13 plate 1.6td and the passenger side from front to back is full of water! Noticed it coming up underneath the passenger seat, so stripped out side panels and pulled up carpet and it was like a pond under there. Can't seem to see anything coming in from the doors and found front sound proofing that goes up into the dash is also soaking anyone had this problem or know how to cure it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've not had this issue with my DS4 but my previous Peugeot 307 developed a split in what's called the 'heater 'Matrix'.
Basically it started leaking engine coolant into the passenger footwell, from the Heater.
You say 'water', can you confirm that it's relatively clear/clean water and not an automotive fluid. Brake fluid, coolant etc.
They'll be a lot more slippery and smelly than 'water'.

You could also check that the weather seal at the bottom of the windscreen is pushed up right onto the bottom of the windscreen glass. Im not sure how any such water would then enter the cabin though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanx for your reply, the car has been into Citroen local dealer and they tried to find it and failed! I marked the coolant level on the bottle and it hasn't moved! The water is clear so doesn't seem to be coolant water, I have also checked the drain off of the bottom of the heater matrix and they is dry and the drain is also clear, this also runs down the drivers side and this is bone dry as I have also lifted the carpet and mat to check that side also.
I will check the windscreen today to see if this is sealed. There is a lot of water getting in from somewhere and it rained all last night and I sat in the car to check the door seals and so on and they are dry! Seems to be coming from the passenger side front end down the bulk head.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you still have this problem contact my by email.I had the same. I spend some time, but finaly found problem and fixed. I can send you info with pictures. Basic, it was breathing flaps located behind rear bumper. Poor design.
[email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jacek said:
If you still have this problem contact my by email.I had the same. I spend some time, but finaly  found problem and fixed. I can send you info with pictures. Basic, it was breathing  flaps located behind rear bumper. Poor design.
[email protected]
Could you please share with us your solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jacek
I bought a 2016 DS4. I have the same problem. I have been to the main dealer 3 times. They can't seem to find the water leak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts