Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Has anyone else had water getting into the tailgate.
I have '65 DS4 and after it rains, when you open boot water slashes inside tailgate..pours out back down side splashing into boot and if you pull the tailgate hallway back down it pours on you out of the boot catch. Two returns to garage and they say there isn't a fault and have to grin and bear. Not happy. The rain shouldn't be getting into the tailgate in the first place...there is obviously a leak somewhere with seal gone or something.Anyone else come across this or have any suggestions.It's dry in the boot itself.
Thank you.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Your absolutely correct, water should not be entering in there.
It also sounds like a warranty repair issue.

You could start by comparing whether you get more water in, when the car just sits in the rain versus when the car is driven in the rain. That'd provide a clue as to whether the water is being forced in or just running in off the roof and tailgate.
That'd certainly assist the garage to locate the entry point / points.
Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
best way to see is take shelf out clime in get someone to put hose on tail gate at watch to see if its coming in and where .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do you mean water is entering when the boot is closed. Or do you mean water only enters when you open the boot? It should run down the gullys I think, check all rubber seals are in tact.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same sort of problem with my 2016 A4 Picasso.

When opening up the tailgate an amount of water drips quickly out of the bottom area of the tailgate.

This only happens when the car is sitting in the rain.

There is never any water in the boot itself.

The tailgate seals do seem loose (top and sides)

Question is how to fix the problem.

Any ideas anyone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.