DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Just been given a bottle of AB cherry glaze and I was wondering what's the difference between glaze and wax .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Glaze should be used after a polish to give a glossier finish.They usually contain fillers that mask any slight imperfections in the paint.
Wax should be used last to protect the finish.
Polishing and prep is the most important thing to achieve a glossy finish.
Wax will not improve the condition of your paint,just protect it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
You're welcome mateThere is loads of info about car detailing on Detailingworld.co.uk
Beware though it can become addictive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Chud your right
once you start reading that site, it's hard to give up lol load of use full info and tips

roll on better weather so we can get cleaning our cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
GazDs said:
Its very addictive, chasing the perfect shine.

Tell me about it!
There always seems to be something else to try just to get that finish a bit better.
I use to take the p**s out of a bloke in the village who was always cleaning his car"haven't you got anything better to do""you can do mine next"etc
I now get exactly the same thing!
Myneighborsthink I'm crackers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
ha ha that's me too chud
my neighbor tells me I will polish it away, I clean it that much

besides, is that not weekends are for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
This is mine after 1 coat of Poorboys White Diamond glaze today, it brings out the flake in the pearl well I think.










Coated over with Auto Glym wax after.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
chud786 said:
Glaze should be used after a polish to give a glossier finish.
They usually contain fillers that mask any slight imperfections in the paint.

Wax should be used last to protect the finish.

Polishing and prep is the most important thing to achieve a glossy finish.

Wax will not improve the condition of your paint,just protect it.
Chud can you confirm do you glaze first or wax first
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Hey Rev GGlaze first,wax is a last stage product(LSP)
Basically do all the cleaning,polishing,glazing etc and then protect
all your hard work with an LSP,either a wax or a sealant.
Hope this helps,best of luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
chud786 said:
Hey Rev G
Glaze first,wax is a last stage product(LSP)

Basically do all the cleaning,polishing,glazing etc and then protect

all your hard work with an LSP,either a wax or a sealant.

Hope this helps,best of luck


Excellent thanks clear now. Cant wait to get started in the week!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
OK what cleansing cream do you suggest and then what in your view is best wax? Too much flippin choice out there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Rev G said:
OK what cleansing cream do you suggest and then what in your view is best wax? Too much flippin choice out there 
The cars not that old so should'nt need much correction, I just get it really clean ( snow foam then wash ) dry then a gloss enhancing glaze, I am using Poor boys Diamond white or Chemical Guys gloss enhancer then seal it I use Jet seal 109. I read somewhere sealants give better results on metalics than wax.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top