Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a wet and windy spell of weather for the last few weeks. Some have had it worse than others. I was out yesterday afternoon and was almost ashamed to be driving my car on the road given the state of it. My poor wee DS4 hasn't seen sight nor sound of any cleaning product since way before Christmas and it's starting to show

Looks like this coming weekend must have some pampering time built in for my car otherwise it may throw a hissy fit and stop liking me. I'm usually a bit of a pedant when it comes to keeping the car clean and shiny but a combination of bad weather and the recent Christmas and New Year festivities have meant I've neglected my duties.

Anyone else having similar guilt pangs or am I the only one who's done the dirty on their DS4

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally got mine cleaned yesterday now it's pssing it down so it'll be filthy again by the weekend, just glad its not black our lasses bmw just never looks clean.lol

·
Registered
472 Posts
It does make you wonder if its worth it when the weather is like it is

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course it's worth it. Even if it is just to give a nice surface fr the rain to bead on...

·
Registered
202 Posts
My husband washes ours. We got the pure guard on it so I wouldn't attempt to wash it. I took it to a foreign hand wash station who scratched it slightly wen using the shimmy I think. Xxx

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Managed to get at mine with the bucket and shampoo today. Even set about the alloys to try and get them back into some semblance of order. A quick run over with AG Aqua wax and it looks so much better than it has for quite a while.

Only problem now is how to thaw out my frozen fingers

·
Registered
37 Posts
We must have been doing it at the same time DCB, hosed, snow foamed rinsed and dried then decided to do the inside before Maguiring it........ Lo and behold it'raining in Manchester too now.
Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
Diorem said:
We must have been doing it at the same time DCB, hosed, snow foamed rinsed and dried then decided to do the inside before Maguiring it........ Lo and behold it'raining in Manchester too now.
Dave

Raining in Manchester??????

·
Registered
12 Posts
sorry guys. i'm in South africa and we are having the opposite. 28 deg c for last 3 weeks. was buzzing down freeway today with aircon on, loving my DS4. feel for you guys over in UK

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know this too well alsoI clean mine at least once a week to keep the cack off but the weather of late is making it hard

several hours later looks like you have not bothered grrrrrrrr

hopefully the nano paint protect is doing it's job as it's still beading

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine only ever gets washed when it goes in for a service! :)

I do so many miles that its just not worth it. Clean it and two hours later its filthy again, especially in this weather. I occasionally treat it to a clean in the summer, but not that often if I'm honest!

·
Registered
69 Posts
After a hard year of a 500 mile a week commute last year, I'm ashamed to say I still haven't got the flies off from last summer!

That being said I can now wash it regularly, and have got half way through waxing it, I am just summoning up the finger strength to get all of those damn flies off the front bumper!

·
Registered
57 Posts
MSH said:
The pearlescent Babylon Red shines in all weathers . Well Almost !!!!!

Yea, have to admit my Babylon Red looks good in any weather if polished up nicely

1 - 19 of 19 Posts