Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the directional xenon headlights but the daylight running lights have std P21/5w bulbs which give normal yellowy light, which clashes with led sidelights and xenons. The manual says they are P21/5w XL (whats the xl for?). Most sites say the led canbus ones are not compatible with the xenon headlights, why? Has anyone succeded in getting leds for these lights?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I want to do this also
A few people on here have changed them without issue,I don't know if they had xenons thoughI can't see it mattering,the side lights are nothing to do with the head lights.
I'm sure someone who has changed them will be along to advise.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I changed mine and done the number plate lights as well they are all LED now, got them from eBay

Here's the eBay item numbers
271057241652 daytime running LED
130610502997 Number plate LED

Hope this helps, they look much better

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have gambled and bought the below LED lights - very bright 27 SMDs and they seem to work with the DS4 Xenons.Interestingly enough the bulbs in the socket were normal P21/5w (side/brake light bulbs, with offset pins) but only the 21w bit is wired up, seems a waste to me.

CANBUS 380 (P21/5W) 27 WHITE SMD LED ERROR FREE BULBS(370539371130)

·
Registered
268 Posts
rich.cath said:
 I have gambled and bought the below LED lights  - very bright 27 SMDs and they seem to work with the DS4 Xenons.Interestingly enough the bulbs in the socket were normal P21/5w (side/brake light bulbs, with offset pins) but only the 21w bit is wired up, seems a waste to me.

CANBUS 380 (P21/5W) 27 WHITE SMD LED ERROR FREE BULBS<span ="g_vxs33a" style="line-height: normal; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana; font-size: x-small;"> (370539371130)</span>
I think they do that to discourage us from changing them, the bulb choice is quite limited.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have to say bulbs work fine, surprisingly focused light from DRLs - does look much better with pure white light complementing LEDs though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts