Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After speaking with a friend on the look out for a new car it came to light he had looked at Hyundai Veloster and Nissan Duke which I had. I nearly put a deposit down on the Veloster but Arnold Clarke sales team were shocking. My friend then viewed the DS5 and again said he had never considered a Citroen like myself. He was impressed my the solid feel and tech in the DS5. After viewing my DS4 he may have changed his mind.

Both of us had never go looking for a Citroen any else the same? What did you consider and test drive before buying the DS4?

·
Registered
544 Posts
We drove the Renault Captur (0.9tce and 1.5dCi) and the Peugeot 2008 1.6VTi and 1.6HDi, plus the MINI Countryman 1.6 Cooper.

The 2008 is a lovely car and was my preferred choice but I wasn't impressed in the 1.6VTi option and the only affordable diesel was the 92bhp version which I didn't fancy much either. Only my wife drove the diesel and she said it was quite slow. Had peugeot bothered to get the 1.2 Puretech 110 out at launch, we would hve bought one. The Captur was a nice car but the 0.9tce drove well but psychologically it felt a small engine - the 1.5dCi was as dull as they come. The MINI was nice but once we sat down and looked at the cost we had to hve a word with ourselves!

Glad we went for the DS4, at the time no DSport THP models were on the used market but there are a few now (Elect 3 cars coming in after their term), as we have no specific need for a diesel (it does 8kpa) but the 1.6VTi was gutless in the 2008 and the DS4 is heavier!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I also looked at the 2008 as well as the Countryman. Besides, my shortlist included Nissan Juke, Huyndai Veloster, Lancia Delta and Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Eventually the DS4 beat them all !

·
Registered
135 Posts
I looked at a Ford Focus 2 litre, a Honda Civic, a Hyundai ix35, the new Merc A Class (liked the front end but not the back) and VW Golf. When we walked into the Citroen showroom and saw a DS4, my wife and I were both hooked. ( I think the massage seats also swung it for her). test drove the 2 litre DSport but hated not having a spare wheel, so opted for a very good deal on the DStyle. ( 4 months old, 1000 miles on the clock, and a reduction of £6000 off list price (plus it has satnav, denon and the so-called 'Chic Pack')

·
Registered
154 Posts
I looked at the Ford Focus ST and Toyota GT86 just for fun, and the Kia Sportage and DS4 ended up on the shortlist. The Kia salesman couldn't get the model I wanted to buy for me to test drive, so how he expected me to judge the car like that God only knows. The Citroen dealer just handed me the keys of a 2.0 HDI DSport and asked when did I think I'd be back with it, saying they closed at 6pm!! We had a good tour around, went shopping, drove up and down the motorway, and the car just sold itself...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had 3 cars that I wanted to check out including the Citroen DS4 and they were:
Mercedes A Class - it felt like it was to blingy inside, something that a rich parent would get their spoilt son for a birthday present.
Volvo V40 R-design 1.6 diesel - really liked the tech and look of this car.

The reason I was looking for a new car was because my gf was pregnant and I was doing a lot of miles commuting, so I wanted a new car that was cheaper to run and maintain than my current car. I really wanted the Volvo but it was just to expensive especially as I am saving for a new house so I had to have aword with myself and opted for the Ds4 and I am really happy with it............ Still keep looking at the Volvo though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts