Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take it we all must have watched it, what were your thoughts?
The show felt forced and didn't have a natural rhythm to it. I'll keep watching for a few more episodes but if it doesn't improve I'll bail out.

·
Registered
544 Posts
thought it was very good.

Anyone remember TG when it was back on the screens in 2002? Remember Jason Dawes? Remember the awful chemistry, of course TG got better but for a number of years has been very poor - I'm afraid my memory doesn't play tricks and I've always found the chemistry between Dumb, Dumber and May to be, at best, awkward but mainly poor. Add in the embarrassing bigotry (written or natural, it matters not) and Clarkson's 'I'm an outsider rebel raging against the machine' (I assume he discussed this outsider view with his mates David Cameron and the former Editor of the Sun rag).

So, as the first episode with a new line-up I thought it was pretty damned good - yes Evans is a bit shouty and I'm afraid the language (we watched at 7pm on Monday with our 6 year old) wasn't acceptable in parts but overall I'd call it a resounding success. Even Star in a Reasonably Priced Car was good (normally bone-crunchingly awful).

A warm welcome from family FB

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was a huge fan of the old show, I actually think there is a lot of chemistry between Clarkson, Hammond and May which is why this one will be so difficult.

First episode was so so, was expecting something different. Second episode I really started to get into it. Third episode was really very good!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well Chris has gone now, he was OK but I do think it will be an improvement going forward. Now to get rid of Eddie Jordan too, get the rest of the team to bond and it should be a decent show again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.