Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have you done today?
Share your day with us
I went to Robin Hood Airport to see the Avro Vulcan...Awesome!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've spent the day painting my daughter's new wing mirror after she trashed the first one turning round on the drive... I still haven't worked out how she managed to do it!!
Edited by: TheBadgerJC

·
Registered
544 Posts
Chris said:
What have you done today?
Share your day with us 
I went to Robin Hood Airport to see the Avro Vulcan...Awesome!!
Superb visit isn't it, I did the VIP Hangar Tour in October 2014 - magical to be up close with XH558, each time we've seen her fly I've been keen to point out to my now 6 year old that in future this experience won't be repeated, Waddington 2014 was a particular highlight as she took off and landed from the show to do her display.

As for exciting stuff on Sunday, went to watch my son play rugby - great way to spend Sunday morning!

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Taken the car into the Dealers for its 2nd ServiceMentioned the alloys starting to corrode
They lent me a Cactus
Interesting inside but woeful to drive
Steering vague and wooly
Engine(1.2) sounds like a sewing machine...Disappointed

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They wont do anything about the alloys because the car was bought second hand from them...even though I didn't know that the alloys had been refurbished by Stevie WonderHowever, if any other part of the alloy starts to corrode, other than the rim edge, they will replace them
The car passed ALL inspections BTW

What else did we do?
Bought my Daughter an Audi A1

·
Registered
66 Posts
Today I had 2 new tyres put on my 2.0Hdi DStyle auto. I've done 12200 miles and the tread of the old front tyres was about or just below 3mm. I plumped for the same Michelin tyre (Pilot Sport 3) so it matches the back, though the tyre fitter said this tyre is being superseded ('by the 4'). Front and back tyres will probably need changing together next time, so I'll see what's about then.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I always put new tyres on the back for two reasons - firstly, you should always have more grip at the back than the front so that if the car loses grip it's on the wheels you can steer and secondly, it means you only replace two tyres at a time

·
Registered
88 Posts
Took the DS in for its first service today only done 3900 miles. Asked them to check the battery as the stop start rarely works and was suspicious it wasn't holding charge.

Yes it needs a new battery...shock... battery is only covered under warrenty for six months or 8000 miles. Who would expect to buy a battery for their new car after less than 4000 miles.
However they are seeking authority to replace it as a goodwill gesture, will find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Guyon said:
Took the DS in for its first service today only done 3900 miles. Asked them to check the battery as the stop start rarely works and was suspicious it wasn't holding charge.

Yes it needs a new battery...shock... battery is only covered under warrenty for six months or 8000 miles. Who would expect to buy a battery for their new car after less than 4000 miles.
However they are seeking authority to replace it as a goodwill gesture, will find out tomorrow.
That's dreadful, the battery on our '07 Clio is the same one from new, it has done 67k miles in that time with most journeys only being a couple of miles to work and back. Likewise my sister in laws 56 TT on 87k miles is still on the same battery from new. My neighbor bought a new battery for his 05 Skoda with 60k miles for the first time last week. Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Registered
544 Posts
Becki_Justin said:
Guyon said:

That's dreadful, the battery on our '07 Clio is the same one from new, it has done 67k miles in that time with most journeys only being a couple of miles to work and back. Likewise my sister in laws 56 TT on 87k miles is still on the same battery from new. My neighbor bought a new battery for his 05 Skoda with 60k miles for the first time last week.
I suspect this is the battery in the starter pack for the stop start, not the car battery. I'd still expect it to be replaced FOC, mind

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Light wash and tailgate polish of the DS4 this morningPower Maxed Snow Foam and Power Maxed Car Shampoo
Then dried and Polished with Power Maxed Finishing Polish via a Light polishing pad and my Flex DA Polisher
Finished with a coat of Dodo Juice Purple Haze Wax

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Chris, the mind boggles at the list of products you must have in your garage lol...give us a list of them if you have the time, and which are your favourites. Perhaps I should have posted this on the clean your car thread.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL...I couldn't begin to list them all

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What did I do todayCleaned/Valeted 4 cars for a Garage
Skoda Fabia
Seat Ibiza
Audi A6
Audi A6 (Older)

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great result

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.