Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dilema. I don't know what car you have come from, but I know you all ended up with a DS4.. Despite being amazing for me, I came from a 535 E60 BMW. That is a 3 litre, twin turbo beast. 0-break the limit, in any country (0ther than Germany) in a ridiculously short span of time. Some 6,6 seconds, or under. Depending on your skill.

Whilst I do not wish to boast about what I left behind, I do hope, I do wish, and grrrr ( I miss it !!! )... and I hope it happens, but in my opinion Citroen need to do one (or two, or three) things to get me to buy another one (my first FWD car ;-)) -although as you read this it is potentially my second FWD car- anyway, what I want, that is:

<ul>[*]Develop a RWD car. The difference is astonishing! RWD is just *amazing*. It handles. a RWD car like 100 x better than a FWD.[*]Develop a car which does 0-speed limit in a sensible time, not being funny my THP-200 is under par against competitors.. the THP-200 should be able to do so much more! If I keep it beyond my lease, it's getting chipped to 252. If It doesn't get chippped I am going with a BMW 550i.[*]Develop a car which, like my old BMW, heated up, within 0,5degrrees to my desired temperature at a set time. This, for me is the biggest win,.[/list]If you, Citroen, can do this. You have my next sale. If you can't, I am sorry, but I am going from French to German! For me, I need heat, and performance.

R

Edited by: richcy

·
Registered
472 Posts
Richy

It looks like you are getting something else then doubt Citroen will meet your future needs, to be fair a BMW 535 is not really a match for a DS4, my last car was a jag xf 3.0 sport but I don't compare it to the DS4 one cost 38k and one cost 24kEdited by: deresim

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deresim said:
Richy

It looks like you are getting something else then doubt Citroen will meet your future needs, to be fair a BMW 535 is not really a match for a DS4, my last car was a jag xf 3.0 sport but I don't compare it to the DS4 one cost 38k and one cost 24k

Well, I don't want to compare car prices. Here in the Netherlands, you wouldn't even pick up a second hand Jag anything for the price you paid, probably new, in the UK. The government here hates cars ;-)

For me, the DS4 brand promised to be premium... for me, it needs to branch out to RWD, more powerful engines, and to have some of the features, like I want my car to be X degrees at Y time. It's possible, and I wish Citroen would do it. But, alas, I doubt they will see my post and up their game further.

For me, I'd rather comfort, and that I get in the DS4 over the 535d, than performance. I just wish Citroen would release a RWD, heat up to the temperature I want it to at a set time car.

richcy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
richcy said:
I have a dilema. I don't know what car you have come from, but I know you all ended up with a DS4.. Despite being amazing for me, I came from a 535 E60 BMW. That is a 3 litre, twin turbo beast. 0-break the limit, in any country (0ther than Germany) in a ridiculously short span of time. Some 6,6 seconds, or under. Depending on your skill.

Whilst I do not wish to boast about what I left behind, I do hope, I do wish, and grrrr ( I miss it !!! )... and I hope it happens, but in my opinion Citroen need to do one (or two, or three) things to get me to buy another one (my first FWD car ;-)) -although as you read this it is potentially my second FWD car- anyway, what I want, that is:

<ul>[*]Develop a RWD car. The difference is astonishing! RWD is just *amazing*. It handles. a RWD car like 100 x better than a FWD.[*]Develop a car which does 0-speed limit in a sensible time, not being funny my THP-200 is under par against competitors.. the THP-200 should be able to do so much more! If I keep it beyond my lease, it's getting chipped to 252. If It doesn't get chippped I am going with a BMW 550i.[*]Develop a car which, like my old BMW, heated up, within 0,5degrrees to my desired temperature at a set time. This, for me is the biggest win,.[/list]If you, Citroen, can do this. You have my next sale. If you can't, I am sorry, but I am going from French to German! For me, I need heat, and performance.

R

To qualify , my partner thought it might be confusing,... you can, in my old car, say I want the inside temp to be 22,5 degrees @ 5pm. So you'd leave work @ 5pm, get in the car, and it'd be at that temp.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I find it a little confusing anyone would be comparing a BMW 5 series to a DS4
, and saying if the best Citroen can do is the THP200 (200BHP?)), then you will have to go for the BMW550i (5 litre I am presuming?)

Irrespective of any talk about quality, etc, you could ignore the badges and not be able to compare brand X's small/medium hatch 2 litre offering against Brand Y's large saloon 5 litre offering no matter who brand X & Y are.

Tell you one thing though, in the coming months, you will find any Citroen more then a match for the typical BMW here in the UK when it comes to speed going up an icy road

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not really comparable cars, but as regards RWD. My brother in law brought Jag recently unaware it was rear wheel drive and couldn't get it off his drive for a week last winter. When he did he got stuck driving up my road which had not been cleared of snow.
How many times did I see BMWs abandoned on snow covered roads last winter. Amazingly my wifes 10 year old Picasso is amazing in snow, heavy Diesel engine and fairly narrow tyres.

Just a thought with winter coming. Take it from someone who has driven for over 37 years.

·
Registered
578 Posts
To be honest RWD is prehistoric when it comes to grip, handling safety etc. My 2.0hdi is far from slow off the mark. German boxes just dont cut it for me

·
Registered
551 Posts
"What to do?the lease is coming to an end"
I think you have answered your own question there Richy
Get another BMW!

The DS4 seems to be lacking what you are looking for in a car

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im with Rev D. My 2.0 Diesel 160 goes like a train, and ive come from an Alfa and VW Turbo. Comfy, beautiful, modern looking. BMW's all look the same=Boring, rear wheel drive is great if your a drifter, and have to have bigger engine to cope with the excess weight.

Sounds like you want the Beemer anyway. Go for it. If we were all the same the workd would be a boring place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts