Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys what Citroen wheels will fit the ds4 for winter as I don't fancy running my 18 in the winter with all the salt ect
On the roads am going to look on ebay and get some winter tyres

·
Registered
94 Posts
Steve do you mean the offset etc. to replace the alloys or do you mean just wanting to replace the tyres?

The tyres will be fine with the salt as they are rubber. The salt mainly affects alloys, metals and other materials that will corrode

Edited by: Newkiebrown

·
Registered
94 Posts
Getting smaller wheels also usually isn't a problem however when buying larger wheels be aware that your your speedo, odometer and other things are no longer accurate

·
Registered
227 Posts
I got some Peugeot 307 17" alloys from the scrappers to use for my Winter Tyres. As a similar PSA vehicle, they have same PCD and centre bore and same (or close) offset.
Fitting them today in fact as my new breaker bar finally arrived!Edited by: Hoovie

·
Registered
227 Posts
Newkiebrown said:
Getting smaller wheels also usually isn't a problem however when buying larger wheels be aware that your your speedo, odometer and other things are no longer accurate
There is no difference between changing to smaller or to bigger wheels when it comes that that situation.

It is simply a matter of getting the right tyres when changing wheels to keep accuracy

·
Registered
94 Posts
True but f you go bigger and can't get tyres with the smaller wall side needed it does have an effect. If someone isn't aware you'd not want them to get caught speedingEdited by: Newkiebrown

·
Registered
227 Posts
Got my DS4 wearing her winter boots now

First thing this morning .....

Lunchtime ....

Tyres are Maxxis 225/50R17 on Peugeot 307 Wheels with a new set of Citroen centre caps to finish them off

I've always liked the classic 5-Spoke wheel design and reckon these suit the DS4 quite nicely

·
Registered
57 Posts
ahh not too bad looking and will protect those lovely Summer wheels

·
Registered
231 Posts
yes it's fast approaching that time again to change the wheels over, think its going to be a job for this weekend.
before they start salting the roads.
that said when I was looking at long range forecast, it didn't look too bad, but what do they know

·
Registered
227 Posts
dug said:
yes it's fast approaching that time again to change the wheels over, think its going to be a job for this weekend.
before they start salting the roads.
that said when I was looking at long range forecast, it didn't look too bad, but what do they know
Last few days, had icy windscreens up here. ''twas freezing this morning as I swapped over the DS4 and Suzuki Swift wheels over and gave the summer wheels a good clean before packing away (and wore my thermal vest and long johns!)

·
Registered
227 Posts
As a slight aside, a little tip for those swapping their wheels ....
Obviously you want to get the wheels washed and cleaned before putting away for the winter, and when you come to clean the inside of the wheel, you are likely to see some hard to shift marking, especially on the fronts. This is likely to be metal deposits which have been shed from the discs and got stuck on the surface of the wheel (this is evident on the outside on wheels, but much more so then on the inside).
This contamination can be very hard to remove and does not come out with normal cleaners and if you use something overly abrasive to remove, you will damage the surface. The solution: get a Iron fallout remover. Quite a few on the market, most are way overpriced and have fancy special effects as purple streaking as the chemical does its business. Very impressive, but the important thing is the end result and not what it looks like whilst working, so the fallout remover I use is the excitingly named "fallout remover" from AutoSmart. Costs way less then Iron-X that people like to rave about but works just as well, just not as interesting to watch

·
Registered
551 Posts
I use "Purple Rain",a good product but as you say Hoovie quite expensiveI've had a few bits from my local AS rep lately and think it's good gear so will try their fallout remover

·
Registered
395 Posts
I looked into this and winter tyres for 19" wheels very rare and cost £1450, so looked at buying steel wheels etc with tyres but still could'nt get realistically to below £800, so bought a Suzuki Jimny instead for a Grand with 'real' 4 wheel drive. Sorted!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Rev actually I tow it on a trailer, don't want to get it wet?!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts