Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Looking at buying myself a 5 door car, and the Ds4 ticks every box...i'm just struggling on which engine to go for.

I currently drive a Honda Civic type s 2.2, so looking at least matching this speed/power.

I'm insisting on the Dsport level.

I have narrowed it down to either the 2.0 hdi or the 1.6 thp

Fuel consumption isn't a massive issue as i don't do a lot of driving, but i wouldn't compensate this to gain only a little power (if that makes sense)

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

Can't really offer much advice on the power levels as my old car wasn't a 2.2 butI've just swapped a Civic Type S for a DS4 also, you'll not bedisappointed!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Exactly the car I came from to a Dsport getting about 50mpg in the ds4 got about 47 in the civic
i have the diesel and would say it is quicker than the Civic but the Civic was more geared for Motorway driving hardly ever got into sixth in the Civic but you can do 40 in sixth in the Ds and it still pulls. Boot is smaller in the DS but still decent loads of extra gadgets in the DS and the leather seats are great. I still think My Civic was a great car (had it 5.5 years) but you will not be disappointed with the DS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I rarely like cars with 5 doors...car history proves this with a clio, corsa, ibiza and civic all 3 doors. Buts its just becoming a chore stretching in the back to fit my daughter in her seat!

Im only averaging 41 in my civic so the mpg isn't a major selling point.

Do you have the 2.0? Whats the acceleration like, it's only slightly slower than the civic on paper.

·
Registered
472 Posts
From this forum it seems the 2.0 diesel is the one to go for if you must have a diesel

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2.0L diesel dsport and the performance is good and mpg is 50+ much nicer interior on ds4 than a civic, in my opinion.Edited by: wylie

·
Registered
28 Posts
wylie said:
I have a 2.0L diesel dsport and the performance is good and mpg is 50+ much nicer interior on ds4 in my opinion
X2, mine's a deport and its very torque, pulls in sixth no problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts