Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which model of iPod is compatible with the usbconnection?I tried my old 3rd gen classic and it won't work so I thought I would buy a second hand one off ebay just not sure minimum spec I need
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
You need a 5th Gen or above, then it works fine. Tell you whats cool if you have a smartphone is listening the radio form around the world Bluetooth to your car media system.

Regards

Nick< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Nick!5th gen it is then!
I have a Galaxy S2 so could stream via BT but all my music is on the iPod so thought that would be an easier way to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to keep digging out old threads, but just trying to sort out some issues.

Trying to connect my 6th Gen iPod Classic to my DS4 via USB, to have permanently installed with all my music. When I connect the display shows "Wait. Data loading", but this just stays there and nothing changes!

Does anyone know if I just have to wait (there are approx 7k songs on my iPod, so I don't know if this makes a difference), or is it just incompatible.

My iPhone 5 works fine through USB, and so does an iPhone 4, so it doesn't appear to be faulty.

I've searched the forum for answers, but couldn't find anything. Any experts out there?!

<div ="kl_keyboard="" ui-draggable"=""><div ="kl_hook"=""><div ="kl_kb__"="" style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

Edited by: swarrin

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have taken the alternative route on this, 2 8GB USB memory sticks one for my music one for my Mrs's simples!

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've done the same 1 x 16gig stick that never leaves the car

·
Registered
21 Posts
I do the same, but find that it can't read more than about 2000 files off it. I kept finding folders wouldn't appear, but would if I deleted another - this is on the emyway by the way. Anyone else noticed this? It's a bit annoying and means I can't use 16 gb to the full

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys, maybe that's the way forward.

Shame I can't just have all my collection from my iPod. I guess USB drives are tiny, so it will look discreet that way too. Most of my music I probably won't listen to either!

I'll give it a go - cheers!
Edited by: swarrin

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've got everything off my ipod on one usb stick and it works fine. It does sometimes take a few seconds to load.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts